Free documentary series Broken Brain 2 hosted by Dr. Mark Hyman

Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Free documentary series Broken Brain 2 hosted by Dr. Mark Hyman

Post by Emily C »

In addition to the reverse osmosis filter offered on Dr. Hyman's site, there is an air purifying system called AirDoctor - there is a discount on that too! But strangely, it looks like you cannot buy it separately from the water system. The AirDoctor is $500 on Amazon, so to buy it with the water system on Dr. Hyman's site for $629 seems like a better deal for those looking for both systems. It doesn't look like there is an expiration date on the offer. I believe this link is the same as previously mentioned, but here it is again.

https://brokenbrain.com/pages/dr-hyman-filter
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MagicBean »

Last edited by MagicBean on Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yes, please let us know what you find out.
I'm finally reporting back on this. I reached out three times to customer support via email to ask about the aluminum issue... crickets. :? Out of desperation, I finally found a phone number for customer service under "returns" on the website and got a helpful human being. After a lengthy delay and consulting with other associates, he was able to confirm that the water does NOT come into contact with aluminum at any point in the filtration process. In fact, aluminum is one of the toxic metals that is extruded during filtration. I finally broke down and ordered and then woke up to see a $100 off + free shipping on Instagram. Dang it! I'm sharing in case anyone else is still looking for a good water filter. This is the best I've found; must be with Erin Brockovitch as their spokesperson. Dr. Bredesen and his wife use it and say good things.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

I'm finally reporting back on this. I reached out three times to customer support via email to ask about the aluminum issue... crickets. :? Out of desperation, I finally found a phone number for customer service under "returns" on the website and got a helpful human being. After a lengthy delay and consulting with other associates, he was able to confirm that the water does NOT come into contact with aluminum at any point in the filtration process. In fact, aluminum is one of the toxic metals that is extruded during filtration. I finally broke down and ordered and then woke up to see a $100 off + free shipping on Instagram. Dang it! I'm sharing in case anyone else is still looking for a good water filter. This is the best I've found; must be with Erin Brockovitch as their spokesperson. Dr. Bredesen and his wife use it and say good things.
I concur! I've used mine for over a year now and I absolutely love it. You won't need to change the filters for about a year. Also, and importantly, you can get a discount through various health experts/doctors. Hyman was mentioned, Joel Kahn is another one who has offers often (also for the AirDoctor) through his website. I do buy their separate mineral water drops and drop a few in a glass.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

Plumster wrote:I concur! I've used mine for over a year now and I absolutely love it.
I'm considering purchasing one. Some reviewers on Amazon claimed that the machine was quite sensitive and that all the components needed to align in order for it to function properly. Has that been your experience too?
4/4
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Rainbow wrote:
Plumster wrote:I concur! I've used mine for over a year now and I absolutely love it.
I'm considering purchasing one. Some reviewers on Amazon claimed that the machine was quite sensitive and that all the components needed to align in order for it to function properly. Has that been your experience too?
Hi Rainbow,

No, it's very easy to operate. The only thing you need to be sure to do is to fill the tap water tank fully--not just half full (it won't run). Fill the tap water tank almost to the rim.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

Plumster wrote:
Rainbow wrote:
Hi Rainbow,

No, it's very easy to operate. The only thing you need to be sure to do is to fill the tap water tank fully--not just half full (it won't run). Fill the tap water tank almost to the rim.
That's good to hear. Thank you!
4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julie G wrote:
I'm interested but want to know about aluminum. Does this filter allow the water to come into contact with aluminum at any point in the filtration process AND has the aluminum content been tested in the filtered water? I've written to the manufacturer but won't receive a response until tomorrow at the earliest. I'll update you with their reply.
Hi Julie! Did you ever hear back from them? [EDIT: Yes she did (no aluminum), I forgot to see there was a page 2 with more comments! I thought I remembered more than what I was looking at :lol: (Feeling a bit under the weather and just hoping it's not Covid, but whatever, it's mild.)]

I got lucky — maybe -- and bought an AquaTru for $100 from someone who bought it last April '20 and wants her counterspace back. It was going to be $150 but needs a new reverse osmosis filter, so she brought the price down, even though the other two filters are brand new :shock:

Problem now also is that the water isn't flowing at all from the tap tank to the dispenser tank. I'm hoping that's just because it needs a new filter and have one on the way. The tank is full, so that's not the issue.

Does anyone using AquaTru find it odd that this one needed all three filters replaced within nine months? I notice Plumbster said it should go about a year, which is what I thought. They advertise one- and two-year filter bundles, so I expected to buy filters yearly, and the reverse osmosis one maybe once every two years. The previous owner only had two people using it at most. :?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.