Dr. Gundry on biomarkers after COVID vaccines

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ApoE4/4 may have greater risk of COVID brain microvascular injury and neuroinflammation

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote: My hsCRP has always been low when tested, except for one time. That time, I’d been tested a day or two after falling hard on my right knee and banging it up pretty bad.
Thanks, that's interesting. Did you have it tested when you had mold illness? I don't normally hear it mentioned in that context, but I'm not well read about mold illness either.
Yes, I did have my hsCRP tested during my mold illness. My test result was always normal (except for that one time I fell). However, it's not one of the markers that are tested specifically for mold illness. You'd think it would be elevated, but it wasn't. Maybe the fish oil, curcumin, etc. I take has helped? I'm not sure.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: ApoE4/4 may have greater risk of COVID brain microvascular injury and neuroinflammation

Post by circular »

TheBrain wrote: Yes, I did have my hsCRP tested during my mold illness. My test result was always normal (except for that one time I fell). However, it's not one of the markers that are tested specifically for mold illness. You'd think it would be elevated, but it wasn't. Maybe the fish oil, curcumin, etc. I take has helped? I'm not sure.
This fits my image of the immune system as something like a symphony orchestra, with sometimes only some sections playing and sometimes all of them getting in on whatever is going on :D
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote: Yes, I did have my hsCRP tested during my mold illness. My test result was always normal (except for that one time I fell). However, it's not one of the markers that are tested specifically for mold illness. You'd think it would be elevated, but it wasn't. Maybe the fish oil, curcumin, etc. I take has helped? I'm not sure.
This fits my image of the immune system as something like a symphony orchestra, with sometimes only some sections playing and sometimes all of them getting in on whatever is going on :D
Yes, indeed it does! You have a great metaphor here.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

TheBrain wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:30 pm
circular wrote:
Yes, indeed it does! You have a great metaphor here.
Just chiming in after reading this thread...I love the symphony illustration! I played the cello for years and it's a terrific metaphor for so much that happens in our bodies.

I'm slow to start new supplements, but I'm about to start on fish oil, in addition to curcumin, which I hope will be helpful.
"If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?" (Matthew 5:47)