My !POSITIVE! test results for mycotoxins testing through Great Plains Laboratory

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: My !POSITIVE! test results for mycotoxins testing through Great Plains Laboratory

Post by Plumster »

Hi,

Just adding a few things I've discovered while battling my own mold illness.

While there are certain foods to avoid for their ochratoxin content, especially oat-based cereals, pork, and wine, there may also be foods that promote detoxification. I also learned recently that milk thistle (Silymarin), which is often recommended as a supplement in mold illness, actually carries significant mycotoxins because of how it is harvested! I never felt good on that supplement anyway.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: My !POSITIVE! test results for mycotoxins testing through Great Plains Laboratory

Post by circular »

Plumster wrote:Hi,

While there are certain foods to avoid for their ochratoxin content, especially oat-based cereals, pork, and wine, there may also be foods that promote detoxification. I also learned recently that milk thistle (Silymarin), which is often recommended as a supplement in mold illness, actually carries significant mycotoxins because of how it is harvested! I never felt good on that supplement anyway.
Thanks for adding this Plumster. I'm passing it along :) It's interesting about supplements and mycotoxins. I worry some about spices, herbs, and teas too.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:Thank you for the feedback. Gosh, you and Tim have sure been through the wringer with that house. It hope it gives you some peace of mind to know how far you've come and that as time goes on, there is less mystery (?).
Yes, we sure have. I do believe our house is now safe for me, but I really can’t confirm that until I get another urine mycotoxins test.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Plumster wrote:Hi,

Thanks, Plumster. I didn’t know that about milk thistle. I used to take it as a supplement for brain health but never will again.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!