APOE 3/4 - Gundry Protocol - Elevated LDL-P and APO-B

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: APOE 3/4 - Gundry Protocol - Elevated LDL-P and APO-B

Post by SoCalGuy »

slacker wrote:
SoCalGuy wrote: Hello dyacubo,

I just replied to your private message and gave you an overview of what I am doing right now. I will get my lipids checked again in late February and will update once I have some new data to share.
If this private conversation is useful for the two of you, it most likely would benefit other members as well! Please consider posting for all of us if you are comfortable doing this.
Here's a quick overview.

I believe Crestor has had the biggest impact on my Apo B and LDL-P. I am not sure how much diet played a role but with how much my Apo B dropped I am inclined to believe I respond better to a lower fat diet with a decent amount of carbs. I'm trying to focus on carbs that have nutritional value, so I have cut out rice which has a very high glycemic load and little nutritional value.

This is what my diet currently looks like.

Breakfast
1/2 cup oatmeal, slivered almonds, cinnamon powder (not sugar), berries.
1 piece of fruit (apple, pear or orange).
1x per week I'll have 3 eggs instead of oatmeal for choline and protein.

Lunch
Big salad with lots of leafy green veggies (spinach, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, romaine, red leaf kale, kale). Salad also contains olive oil, olives, avocado and cremini mushrooms. 3x per week I will add sardines to salad for Omega 3s and protein.
Big bowl of home made vegan chili that contains black beans and pinto beans. I also mix in cauliflower crumbles and cremini mushrooms to add some "meaty" texture.

Snack
1-2 sweet potatoes.

Dinner
Typically chicken breast 4x per week for low fat protein and B vitamins.
On other nights I'll have shiitake mushrooms as my "meat". I cook them with algae oil and then finish them with balsamic vinegar.
I eat roughly 1 cup of pinto beans with dinner.
I also eat cruciferous veggies, either broccoli, cauliflower or brussels sprouts. I saute them in algae oil.

I'll stick with this at least until after I get my next lipid panel and see how everything looks. The one measurement I'll be paying close attention to is Apo B/Apo A1 ratio as that seems to have the strongest correlation to not only heart disease but also stroke which most of the common cholesterol markers have little to no correlation with.
dyacubo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: APOE 3/4 - Gundry Protocol - Elevated LDL-P and APO-B

Post by dyacubo »

Thank you very much SoCalGuy for a very detailed message, really appreciate it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk