Joe Cohen, DO / Boulder, CO / Medical Cannabis

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Joe Cohen, DO / Boulder, CO / Medical Cannabis

Post by Tincup »

I'm not yet a patient. I asked if you could do things a la carte and the answer is yes, so may do some tests. Dr. Cohen started out as an OB/GYN and in his 60's transitioned in to a cannabis doc and from there into integrative medicine (I think he's been doing integrative work for 9 years). He did take Dr. Bredesen's training. On staff, they have a nutritionist, a health coach, an RN & etc. From his presentation, he seemed to know Dr. Bredesen's protocol well. He additionally knew how to integrate cannabis (primarily CBD) into the protocol.

TheresaB summarized their presentation here:

They don't take insurance, but will try to run tests through your insurance or Medicare.

Contact info:

720-273-3568
Website
3000 Center Green Dr. #210 Boulder, CO 80301

They also have an office in Denver that has a primary focus on cannabis medicine. If you don't want to drive to Boulder, you could call and see what could be done on the Bredesen protocol in Denver.

Denver: denveroffice@holoshealth.org
1127 Pennsylvania St. Denver, CO 80203

Boulder: frontdesk@holoshealth.org
3000 Center Green Dr. #210 Boulder, CO 80301
Tincup
E3,E4
Worried2018
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Joe Cohen DO / Boulder, CO / Bredesen Trained, CBD

Post by Worried2018 »

Hello Tincup,
Have you seen Dr Cohen? What is your experience? I would like to get an evaluation and recommendations for Bredesen protocol from someone knowledgeable. I live in Boulder Co so Dr Cohen's practice would be perfect if you recommend them.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Worried2018 wrote:Hello Tincup,
Have you seen Dr Cohen? What is your experience? I would like to get an evaluation and recommendations for Bredesen protocol from someone knowledgeable. I live in Boulder Co so Dr Cohen's practice would be perfect if you recommend them.
I have not seen Dr. Cohen. We do get extensive testing done by Dr. Steven Gundry - links to transcripts of our posts are here.. Thought about using Dr. Cohen on an a la carte basis for doing some infill testing, but it has not ramped up to the top of our priority list yet, as we are doing all this on a prevention basis and have no issues at this time. So unfortunately don't have feedback. We were impressed by his presentation and we did chat with his staff - a health coach and dietitian on a one-on-one basis at the meeting. They both seemed knowledgeable.
Tincup
E3,E4
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Worried wrote: Hello Tincup, Have you seen Dr Cohen? What is your experience? I would like to get an evaluation and recommendations for Bredesen protocol from someone knowledgeable. I live in Boulder Co so Dr Cohen's practice would be perfect if you recommend them
Hello Worried and welcome!
I see Tincup provided the feedback you were looking for regarding Dr. Cohen. Should you need additional options, you may want to take a look at our suggestions for seaching for a Bredesen-Trained Practitioner as well ApoE4 aware and Functional Medicine practioners found here.

In the meantime, if you haven't had a chance as yet, we highly recommend our site Primer as a wonderful resource about this E4 gene of ours. In addition to in-depth discussions of interest to our members, our Wiki How-To-Guide provides some great tips to navigate our site more easliy and efficiently.

Worried, if at any point you'd like to share a bit about yourself and what brought you to our community, the Our Stories forum is a great place to post. And please feel free to continue reaching out with any questions you may have. This community of ours is united in focus and purpose and committed to helping one-another along the way. We're here for you...warmly, Lucy