San Diego Meet Up

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
sangal.a
New User
New User

Re: San Diego Meet Up

Post by sangal.a »

Please let me know if you guys are still planning to do the SoCal Meetup. I would love to join.
DebS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebS »

sangal.a wrote:Please let me know if you guys are still planning to do the SoCal Meetup. I would love to join.
Hi Sangal.a,

I'm glad you joined the conversation. How wonderful that there are groups able to support each other in person locally! Looking back in the thread for the San Diego Meetup, it looks as if the group was able to meet a few days ago and is planning another meeting in April. To follow the conversation, you may want to subscribe to the thread. You will find instructions within our "How-To" Get the most out of the ApoE4.info website document. Clicking the link will take you to the table of contents. Section 3.2 is where you will find instructions for subscribing to a topic within a forum category to be notified of any posts on that topic. Within the same document, in section 2.1 you will also find instructions on how to quote the person to whom you are responding so they will be notified by email.

I hope this information is helpful and that you are able to connect with the group to join the next meetup. If you would like, please feel free to share your story in the Our Stories thread. We look forward to hearing from you again.
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
Certified Reversing Cognitive Decline
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

sangal.a wrote:Please let me know if you guys are still planning to do the SoCal Meetup. I would love to join.
Hi sangal.a,

As DebS suggests, subscribing this topic will set you up to be notified by email whenever there is a new post in this thread.
To subscribe, you go to the little wrench that is at upper left when you are on the thread. Clicking that gives you a drop down menu and where you can subscribe this thread.
For now, in case you want to pencil it in, I think we are going to schedule the next MeetUp for Saturday, April 27, most likely in the afternoon.
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 9999 »

Hello. I am new to this group but would be very interested in a San Diego Meetup. I thought that I had read about one happening on Nov 17. Does anyone know anything about this or did I misread something? Please let me know.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 9999 »

Hello. I am new to this group but would be very interested in a San Diego Meetup. I thought that I had read about one happening on Nov 17. Does anyone know anything about this or did I misread something? Please let me know.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

9999 wrote:Hello. I am new to this group but would be very interested in a San Diego Meetup. I thought that I had read about one happening on Nov 17. Does anyone know anything about this or did I misread something? Please let me know.
Hi 9999, It would be great to have you come to the next San Diego Meet Up. We had one last year. You didn’t misread anything, we just haven’t met for awhile, but your interest may be enough to spur us on! I wont be back in CA until close to Thanksgiving. Maybe we could see if there is interest from others in the area for sometime in early- mid December. would that work for you?
thanks for bringing this thread back to life.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 9999 »

I just heard from others that there is in fact a Meetup scheduled for 11/17. It appears that there are also Meetups scheduled for Dec and Jan at San Dieguito County Park, at noon. Hope to meet you at one of these.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

9999 wrote:I just heard from others that there is in fact a Meetup scheduled for 11/17. It appears that there are also Meetups scheduled for Dec and Jan at San Dieguito County Park, at noon. Hope to meet you at one of these.
Welcome, 9999!

To help facilitate folks seeing your interest, I'm using "quotes" to notify several people who have previously posted about a meet-up, or about being in San Diego. They will now all get an email notification, like the one you will receive. That's how we "call" each other:
sangal.a wrote:
Floramaria wrote:
circular wrote:
blademind wrote:
buck3Maureen wrote:
Blissful1 wrote:
JulieMc wrote:
BarbLore1 wrote:
baysidewalk wrote:
Blee wrote:
SoCalGuy wrote:
In other areas, users have agreed to Private Message each other, start an email or FB group or share phone numbers to plan meetings, but posting here works fine also--as long as everyone interested either "subscribes" to this thread by clicking on the wrench icon in the top left, or checks back!
9999 wrote:Hello. I would really appreciate getting some information about what practitioners others have used. I prefer to go to an MD so I would be able to submit the charges to my insurance. Thank you for any information you can give me.
I brought this post over so your San Diego group can chime in with suggestions.

Here is the link to our resource on practitioners who have either been recommended by members, or who have asked that their information be shared with our community. ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners

If you check the list, you'll see that # 23 is an MD in San Diego; # 37 is a Nurse Practitioner in Encinitas and # 44 is a Naturopathic Doctor in Encinitas.
https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/ApoE4-Awar ... ctitioners. Many doctors who practice "Functional Medicine" or the Bredesen protocol do not accept medical insurance; some will bill the tests they can to your insurance company.

We encourage people to carefully make their own decisions, since we cannot vouch for anyone. Since this is a considerable financial commitment, we encourage people to consider what specific goals they have in mind.

It may be helpful to share a bit more of what your own journey to this forum has been: are you a caregiver or relative for someone with Alzheimer's who is worried about your own risk? Have you learned that you have ApoE 4 and feel like you need a doctor to guide your next steps? Do you have specific concerns (diabetes, cardiac risk, concerns about your memory) or are you in good health and hoping to keep things that way? Lots of people have posted their stories here: Our Stories and found enough guidance that they were ready to start making some changes without a full workup.

Hope to hear more about you and your interest in ApoE 4.
4/4 and still an optimist!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

9999 wrote:I just heard from others that there is in fact a Meetup scheduled for 11/17. It appears that there are also Meetups scheduled for Dec and Jan at San Dieguito County Park, at noon. Hope to meet you at one of these.
I won’t be able to be there for the nov 17th meet up. Happy to hear others are
Getting together. I’ll have to read back through the thread. I thought I had subscribed to it but maybe I accidentally unsubscribed.
Hope I’ll be able to join you in December. Thanks
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Hi 9999, could you tell me more about the scheduled San Diego MeetUps? I reviewed this Thread and also used the Search function but couldn’t find anything posted. Maybe they are being organized by PM?