Free virtual guided mindfulness meditation meet-up, anyone?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
shacherry
Contributor
Contributor

Free virtual guided mindfulness meditation meet-up, anyone?

Post by shacherry »

For those curious about giving mindfulness meditation a try, I’d like to host a free 45-minute online-guided mindfulness meetup.

The meet-up will consist of a 20-minute PowerPoint introduction that explains what mindfulness is and how it affects our well-being. In the session, as a group we will give mindfulness meditation a try with a breath awareness meditation and learn strategies to help us start our individual practice.

On a personal note, I credit mindfulness and the act of being present for helping me make sweeping changes to my unhealthy lifestyle. Becoming mindful taught me how to pause before I eat, enabling me to lose 70 pounds and keep the weight off for over three and a half years. It has brought me closer to my loved ones and calms my anxious mind.

The session will be lead by mindfulness instructor Maria Martinez Alonso; Maria has been practicing and teaching mindfulness for over 20 years. She designed and facilitates a virtual mindfulness mediation program for the United Nations.

Give me some dates and times that work for you, and we will see if we can find the date and time that works for the group.
Last edited by shacherry on Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApoE 3/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Free virtual guided mindfulness meditation meet-up, anyone?

Post by Julie G »

Thank you for proposing this, shacherry! I would love to attend. In my work with Dr. Bredesen, we have found that most folks have a very difficult time successfully putting together all of the various strategies in the protocol without actively practicing mindfulness. It's very easy to revert to auto-pilot and to allow our subconscious to guide us... which tends to result in unhealthy choices that feel good in the moment. I find that when I'm mindfully present, it's much easier to make smarter choices. I'll try to make my schedule work for whatever is best for the group.
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

This sounds awesome shacherry, count me in! Thank you so much for this opportunity.
Rick
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rick »

I'm interested and fairly flexible schedule-wise, specially evenings. Thanks for offering this.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

shacherry wrote:For those curious about giving mindfulness meditation a try, I’d like to host a free 45-minute online-guided mindfulness meetup.
Give me some dates and times that work for you, and we will see if we can find the date and time that works for the group.
I'd be interested! Saturday and Sundays mid-day or evenings would work best for me. Thanks!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

I am also interested! I agree with JML - Saturdays, Sundays or weeknights. Thanks so much!
PSu82537%a6r_dnz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PSu82537%a6r_dnz »

I am interested too. Sounds like a good thing to know. Thanks.
shacherry
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shacherry »

Hi all,

I got potential dates from Maria, the mindfulness instructor. Unfortunately, she is not available on weekends.

3/9, 3/11, 3/16, 3/18 ( Mondays and Wednesdays) anytime between 4 and 9 eastern standard time

I attached Maria's bio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ApoE 3/4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

shacherry wrote:3/9, 3/11, 3/16, 3/18 ( Mondays and Wednesdays) anytime between 4 and 9 eastern standard time
I could probably join on 3/11 or 3/16, the later, the better. Thanks for organizing this.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
DebbieG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebbieG »

shacherry wrote:Hi all,

I got potential dates from Maria, the mindfulness instructor. Unfortunately, she is not available on weekends.

3/9, 3/11, 3/16, 3/18 ( Mondays and Wednesdays) anytime between 4 and 9 eastern standard time

I attached Maria's bio.
I'm interested and should be able to make any of these times.