CONFERENCE The Role of Nutrition in Dementia Prevention and Management March 26 - 27, 2015

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: CONFERENCE The Role of Nutrition in Dementia Prevention and Management March 26 - 27, 2015

Post by Julie G »

Hang on to your coffee, J11. Here's previous chatter about Federoff's earlier work.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CONFERENCE The Role of Nutrition in Dementia Prevention and Management March 26 - 27, 2015

Post by J11 »

This could be big!
Do they put some of these huge results in sleeper conferences just to see who might be paying attention?

The linked thread that looked at this research years back noted that if it were proven true then it could be gamed.
Will be very exciting to see whether the research has now reached a point of being clearly true.

We might have a path forward!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

So now I see there's not just adipose and visceral fat, but also brown and white fat, or are brown and white fat types of visceral and adipose fat? This article makes it sound like they're different?

One thing notable is that lean people tend to have more brown fat that while still a small percentage of overall fat is metabolically active in a good way:
Brown fat is now thought to be more like muscle than like white fat. When activated, brown fat burns white fat.

Although leaner adults have more brown fat than heavier people, even their brown fat cells are greatly outnumbered by white fat cells. "A 150-pound person might have 20 or 30 pounds of fat," Cypess says. "They are only going to have 2 or 3 ounces of brown fat."

But that 2 ounces, he says, if maximally stimulated, could burn off 300 to 500 calories a day -- enough to lose up to a pound in a week.
At my body size this may not be a big player, but I'm still inclined to keep an eye on my belly fat but not worry much about it, especially given my insulin sensitivity. I also saw a study of athletes in ketosis and they made sure they had been in ketosis for 6 mo before starting the study. That was because it can take a while for the body to complete its conversion to fat burning. I thought that would only be about two weeks, so I may be expecting too much too soon as far as keto helping.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
jeff
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeff »

Hi,
According to Stavia.s ref.in her lipids section of Primer(AJCN), c 8s are neutral regarding raising ldl-c. NEOBEE 895 from Stepan Chem sole by Nutricrafters on Amazon as c-8 mct oil, As a novice I don't know if that means it doesn't raise smpartldl, BUT it's a way
to get ketosis without kg diet 5 grms sf. I think I heard a Dr. G video saying caprillic tgs were .ok. NeoBEE895 is pure stuff-used in dementia experiments. If people can use it, a collective of folks can buy it by the kilo from Stepan and divvy it up!!! Yummy jeff