Is there a TMAO / Atherosclerosis risk with supplemental choline / carnitine?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there a TMAO / Atherosclerosis risk with supplemental choline / carnitine?

Post by SusanJ »

adriana268 wrote:is there a reason no one is talking about taking phosphatidyl choline instead of all the other forms ? I haven't seen this mentioned
I've taken it on and off in the past few years and find I can't take it for very long before feeling depressed, which is a known side effect according to Dr. Ben Lynch.

Phosphatidylcholine has been discussed in many other threads. Try looking through:

search.php?keywords=phosphatidylcholine ... mit=Search
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is there a TMAO / Atherosclerosis risk with supplemental choline / carnitine?

Post by floramaria »

adriana268 wrote:is there a reason no one is talking about taking phosphatidyl choline instead of all the other forms ? I haven't seen this mentioned
Hi adriana268, I take PC regularly. As SusanJ mentioned in the post above mine, the link she provided will take you to many posts discussing the merits of phosphatidylcholine and other choline supplements.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health