Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
michaelzh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by michaelzh »

Tincup wrote:Welcome michaelzh!
3. My mum feels too cold to drink the Fiji water directly, may we mix the Fiji water with boiled water to drink?
How about warming the Fiji water to a temperature she's OK with?

[
Thanks Tincup, give me a so quick response. May we use microwave oven to warm the Fiji water? Thanks!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

michaelzh wrote:
laurie wrote:

1. How do you find out the Aluminum is the reason to cause Alzheimer for your mother-in-law? I know your husband has very strong background in chemical and medical field, but for us, without any related knowledge, how should we discovery the cause of the Alzheimer?
There is a growing body of research that shows aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's. My husband has documented this information in the books he has written. He presents the research in his books. Here is a link to the Chapter on Aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... imers.html

You also asked about long term effects. You can drink silica rich mineral water everyday for the rest of your life. There are many places in the world where the drinking water is high in silica. In these areas people live longer and have less dementia and Alzheimer's and some forms of cancer.

You can have a 24 hour urine test to see if your mother is high in aluminum. If you have this done I can help you interpret the results.

Have your mother spread her drinking throughout the day.

Tin Cup has answered your other questions.
Last edited by laurie on Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

michaelzh wrote:May we use microwave oven to warm the Fiji water? Thanks!
I don't see why not.

I'm one that makes my own silica water from their recipe. I know we can make coffee or tea with it, but they suggest not heating too hot (boiling) for too long as the silica will precipitate out.

I'll quote Laurie on this so she sees it also as she and her husband are the experts.
laurie wrote:
Tincup
E3,E4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

michaelzh wrote:... I'm Michael and a new one here. This is the first post I have read in this forum and it gives me hope....
Thank you so much!
A warm welcome, Michael! You are a terrific son to have found this forum in order to help your mother. I'm guessing that she and you have both recognized some issues that are affecting the quality of her life, or are worrying you.

It sometimes helps to go from the "big picture" of a diagnosis or feeling that "my brain isn't working", to the "close-up view" of strengths and needs.

I used to work with families experiencing a traumatic brain injury who often felt overwhelmed and yet hopeful--so we started every meeting of the treatment team with first talking about what was going well and what was important to the family. Only then did we talk abut what issues there might be in thinking, memory, language, motor skills or behaviors.

You and your mother might try to talk about what each of you sees as going well, even if she needs some prompts like "You still love hot tea every afternoon; you still enjoy taking walks outside and you have great memories about your life as a young girl." Then you might see what she thinks she'd like help with, or what her values and preferences are, to get her approval for key needs and strategies. People with cognitive impairments of all ages still benefit from being active partners in decision-making and as her son you are in a great position to keep her spirits high by making her a "partner" in this new journey.

A good source for looking at where to start is our The Primer. It is written by Stavia, a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4 who herself has learned how to re-train her brain after 2 serious brain injuries in young adulthood. Stavia recommends not trying to re-tool everything at once--that can be overwhelming to someone your mother's age who has routines that she relies on.

You've already figured out how to quote members so they are notified of your reply. Great work!! The How-To Guide shows how to use the Search function for topics, and how to subscribe to topics of interest and may help you save time.

Here's a link pulled from our Wiki on Research, with a 2018 article on strategies for ApoE 4 carriers from Dr. Richard Isaacson, the Director of the Alzheimer's Prevention Program at Cornell Weill Medical Center in NYC: Clinical Application of APOE in Alzheimer’s Prevention: A Precision Medicine Approach Here's his top recommendation from the article:

Physical activity
Aerobic activity was associated with greater cognitive performance for ε4 carriers compared to non-carriers)...Sedentary individuals who were ε4 carriers had significantly higher levels of brain Aβ and lower levels of CSF Aβ42 compared to sedentary non-carriers, findings associated with AD pathology
We are glad you feel hope, Michael--and believe that hope always travels with love and care. Take care of yourself as well as your mom.
4/4 and still an optimist!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Tincup wrote:
I don't see why not.

I'm one that makes my own silica water from their recipe. I know we can make coffee or tea with it, but they suggest not heating too hot (boiling) for too long as the silica will precipitate out.

I'll quote Laurie on this so she sees it also as she and her husband are the experts.
laurie wrote:
Tincup’s answer about microwaving is accurate. You can heat the silica water and if you boil it do it for only a minute or so. My husband heats the silica water and makes herbal tea.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
michaelzh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by michaelzh »

laurie wrote:
michaelzh wrote:
laurie wrote:

1. How do you find out the Aluminum is the reason to cause Alzheimer for your mother-in-law? I know your husband has very strong background in chemical and medical field, but for us, without any related knowledge, how should we discovery the cause of the Alzheimer?
There is a growing body of research that shows aluminum is a causal factor of Alzheimer's. My husband has documented this information in the books he has written. He presents the research in his books. Here is a link to the Chapter on Aluminum being a causal factor of Alzheimer's. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... imers.html

You also asked about long term effects. You can drink silica rich mineral water everyday for the rest of your life. There are many places in the world where the drinking water is high in silica. In these areas people live longer and have less dementia and Alzheimer's and some forms of cancer.

You can have a 24 hour urine test to see if your mother is high in aluminum. If you have this done I can help you interpret the results.

Have your mother spread her drinking throughout the day.

Tin Cup has answered your other questions.
Hi Laurie, thank you so much for your response. I'll talk to my mum's GP to see can we have a 24 hour urine test done.

My mum has been suffering from brain fog for 10 years, sometime she felt better and sometime it got worse. But from last year, she realized she start to forget something. From last few months, she felt brain fog is getting worse. She would get sudden dizzy and then back to normal, it would happen many times a day. Her General Practice did blood test and CT scan of brain for her. The GP said CT shows some kind of brain atrophy and hydrops, but there is no treatment for this kind of disease (I haven't got chance to talk with the GP and haven't seen the report. They just talked over the phone. I've made an appointment with her GP for next week to find out what it exactly is).

The result made us very despairing and helpless. I found this forum and your post. The miracle happened on your mother-in-law is very inspiring and give us hope. I really want to help her find a way to treat the diease in the early stage and prevent it getting worse. But we really helpless because we don't know what we should start and how can we find the cause to treat it.

My English is not good enough to explain this medical situation in a clear and formal way, hopefully you could get it. Thanks!
michaelzh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by michaelzh »

NF52 wrote:
michaelzh wrote:... I'm Michael and a new one here. This is the first post I have read in this forum and it gives me hope....
Thank you so much!
A warm welcome, Michael! You are a terrific son to have found this forum in order to help your mother. I'm guessing that she and you have both recognized some issues that are affecting the quality of her life, or are worrying you.
Hi NF52, thank you for your warm welcome and resources provided, I'll go through everything. It feels so warm to have this community here!
michaelzh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by michaelzh »

Tincup wrote:
I don't see why not.

laurie wrote:
Thank you so much, Tincup! I'll let mum start with Fiji Water, and then maybe I can try to learn how to makes our own silica water from the recipe.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Michaelzh,

No need to apologize your English is fine. I was able to understand what you wrote.

I hope the doctor can provide you with more information about why your mother is having these symptoms.

I hope the silica water helps. For my mother in law it took 4 months before we saw noticeable changes in her memory and cognition. I have had a few younger people report improvement after 2 months.

You may also want to look at sources of aluminum your mother may be ingesting or being exposed to. Aluminum pots and pans, some coffee makers, antiperspirant, antacids are sources of aluminum.

Your mother is lucky to have you helping her. May you find ways to improve her health.

Take care,

Laurie

https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... -aluminum/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

michaelzh wrote:My mum has been suffering from brain fog for 10 years, sometime she felt better and sometime it got worse. But from last year, she realized she start to forget something. From last few months, she felt brain fog is getting worse. She would get sudden dizzy and then back to normal, it would happen many times a day. Her General Practice did blood test and CT scan of brain for her. The GP said CT shows some kind of brain atrophy and hydrops...

My English is not good enough to explain this medical situation in a clear and formal way, hopefully you could get it. Thanks!
Hi again, Michael,

I just wanted to let you know that your English is excellent and you've been doing a great job of explaining what's happening and your concerns for your mother! I'm sure you know that people like me in the U.S. spend typically spend a few years in high school or college studying a language and then never use it and rely on people in the rest of the world to understand us!

I am guessing that the CT scan showed areas of the brain that had less volume from what would be expected, leading to atrophy. Hr GP may be able to tell you which areas were most affected. Typically in adult-onset cognitive impairment, this would be the hippocampus, which is important to short-term memory and new learning and the medial temporal lobes that help with language and visual-spatial skills). Losing neurons in those areas doesn't happen quickly except in sudden brain injuries. With older adults, especially those who have amyloid beta plaques or tau tangles, or who have systemic inflammation or vascular/ cardiac issues, it can happen over 10 years or more. That may explain your mother's 10-year "brain fog". If so, you should tell her she's been really strong and her brain has been working hard all this time! Wegive people with long-term disease like multiple sclerosis or Parkinson's well-deserved credit for living with and "fighting" the effects of those disease, but forget that people whose brains have subtle changes for years are also fighting a difficult, mostly invisible disease process.

The "hydrops" you mention is, I believe, another term for what in the U.S. would be called "edema", meaning cerebrospinal fluid fills in space created by atrophy of the brain. While this all sounds scary, I have known kids who lost significant volume in their brain who used other areas to compensate. (For example, if I'm not good at remembering how to get home, I might still be able to use a GPS in the care to follow directions. If I can't remember the schedule for the day, I can use smartphone reminders or a visual schedule. Technology is our brain's friend!

Our brains need a good supply of oxygen and food--so helping your mother to do some aerobic exercise, at a level that's comfortable for her, is likely to help those brain cells along with the suggestions about water and other nutrients. Making sure that she's having a diet with good protein and healthy fats is also likely to help. You may want to talk to her GP about doing tests on her heart function and considering whether her blood pressure is at a good level. Heart health is also brain health.

It may help you to connect with others who have parents newly diagnosed with cognitive impairments, while also seeking solutionsfor your mother's issues. Here's a resource in Adelaide https://www.dementia.org.au/support and another Australian support group: http://www.dementiadownunder.com/support-group/. Often such groups know how to access medical, financial and in-home supports and have online forums for people in your area.

And remember--take care of yourself and find some joy in each day for yourself and your mother.
4/4 and still an optimist!