What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
User avatar
slacker
Mod
Mod
Posts: 2127
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby slacker » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am

circular wrote:
Is there any way Dr. Ackerley can prescribe the VIP for you since you have consulted with her online (before, I gather, she stopped doing this). Maybe there are regulations that prevent that since you're in different states. Just wondering. I sympathize with the unbelievably high expenses of trying to restore our bodies integrity.


My understanding as of July 2018 is that Dr Ackerley does still work with patients via telemedicine, but she does not establish a doctor patient relationship (ie ordering tests, writing rx) without a visit to her office, and then requires an in person office visit once a year. I think her fees are less than Dr Rapaport's, but the travel expenses may eat up the difference. It's possible that things might have changed since July!
Slacker
E4/E4

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5382
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby circular » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:23 pm

slacker wrote:My understanding as of July 2018 is ...

Thanks for that clarification!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5382
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby circular » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:25 pm

circular wrote:
slacker wrote:My understanding as of July 2018 is ...

Thanks for that clarification :D
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

Issie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby Issie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:00 am

Thing is with VIP, you have to have monthly labs done on lipase to make sure it's not messing your pancreas up. That requires a draw and order. Someone can set up standing orders for you. But it has to be monitored.

Issie

Issie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby Issie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:05 am

My doc, Dr. Jennifer Smith - isn't that far from Tuscon. She is in Scotsdale. She will do telephone too. She has to initially see you. Not sure of her telephone pricing. I think she may be less than Dr. Ackerly. She believes in VIP working. But, she follows the guidelines to make sure your body is ready for it.

Issie

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5382
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby circular » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Issie wrote:Thing is with VIP, you have to have monthly labs done on lipase to make sure it's not messing your pancreas up. That requires a draw and order. Someone can set up standing orders for you. But it has to be monitored.

Issie

If someone in the US doesn't have a doctor who can or will do a standing order for lipase, it can be ordered through Life Extension.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

Cat111
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby Cat111 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:45 pm

:D :D
Just received my result! Over the moon....Whole brain 1070 @ 79 percentile, Left Hippocampus 89 percentile, Right Hippocampus 92 percentile, Cellebellar White Matter 96 percentile.
Great Health care from Minnesota Personalized Medicine, found the gene issue with cognitive, and many other issue resulting from lack of DAO enzyme. Happy Dance!!
Cat111
ApoE 4/4

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5382
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby circular » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Cat111 wrote::D :D
Just received my result! Over the moon....Whole brain 1070 @ 79 percentile, Left Hippocampus 89 percentile, Right Hippocampus 92 percentile, Cellebellar White Matter 96 percentile.
Great Health care from Minnesota Personalized Medicine, found the gene issue with cognitive, and many other issue resulting from lack of DAO enzyme. Happy Dance!!

Wow, beautiful results! What are your secrets?

Is the whole brain score and percentile you mention the same as what shows on my report as the intracranial volume and ICV percentage?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

Cat111
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby Cat111 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:42 pm

circular wrote:
Cat111 wrote::D :D
Just received my result! Over the moon....Whole brain 1070 @ 79 percentile, Left Hippocampus 89 percentile, Right Hippocampus 92 percentile, Cellebellar White Matter 96 percentile.
Great Health care from Minnesota Personalized Medicine, found the gene issue with cognitive, and many other issue resulting from lack of DAO enzyme. Happy Dance!!

Wow, beautiful results! What are your secrets?

Is the whole brain score and percentile you mention the same as what shows on my report as the intracranial volume and ICV percentage?


Sorry Im not sure, my reports just says whole brain.
Cat111
ApoE 4/4

User avatar
slacker
Mod
Mod
Posts: 2127
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: What is considered atrophy in a brain structure per MRI volumetrics (NeuroQuant and Neuroreader)?

Postby slacker » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Cat111 wrote::D :D
Just received my result! Over the moon....Whole brain 1070 @ 79 percentile, Left Hippocampus 89 percentile, Right Hippocampus 92 percentile, Cellebellar White Matter 96 percentile.
Great Health care from Minnesota Personalized Medicine, found the gene issue with cognitive, and many other issue resulting from lack of DAO enzyme. Happy Dance!!


Hi Cat;

Great news!
If you like the care you've received with Minnesota Personalized Medicine, please consider adding a review in the Practitioner Review forum.
Slacker
E4/E4


Return to “Prevention and Treatment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests