Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
vegarejuvinated
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby vegarejuvinated » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi All- I have been lurking for a few years and gratefully reading your posts and information. I couldn’t see an answer to a specific question I have so posting for the first time in a while.

I am a 4/4 and also have an unnamed (yet) autoimmune condition. Over the past 4 years I have been on a mission to transform my health and avoid taking methotrexate or other immune suppressing drugs to manage the autoimmune progression. I did well for the first couple of years following an autoimmune/keto diet, healing gut issues, supplementing, regular sauna/cold/exercise/hyperbaric but over the last 6 months I have been feeling more and more unwell. Fatigue, GI problems, difficulty swallowing, difficulty breathing, anaphylactic episodes, and brain fog/mood issues. My recent blood tests show a 4*increase in my ANA antibodies over the past 6 months and I’m getting worried about how to manage without resorting to chemicals.

My diet has been off track recently and I want to ask the Dr to give me a CGM to help me with compliance on my diet.
I am also thinking about making a case to try Rapamycin instead of other immune suppressing drugs given the potential longevity benefits and the safety profile.

Does anyone have experience of creating a successful argument for either of these two approaches with their doctor?
4/4 from parents of a 2/4 and 4/4/

Tincup
Mod
Mod
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby Tincup » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:19 am

vegarejuvinated wrote:My diet has been off track recently and I want to ask the Dr to give me a CGM to help me with compliance on my diet.
I am also thinking about making a case to try Rapamycin instead of other immune suppressing drugs given the potential longevity benefits and the safety profile.

Does anyone have experience of creating a successful argument for either of these two approaches with their doctor?


Ray ray@carestathealth.com sells the Abbott Freestyle Libre 14 day sensors for about $70 each and a reader/scanner for $90 (prices approximate). Think you can use an iPhone 7 or better instead of a dedicated reader. I email Ray and tell him what I want (with address & phone). He sends me a PayPal invoice to pay. After I've paid, he emails me the sensors. I met him on eBay.

I haven't contacted him in 6 or so months. I found the Abbott will also respond to vitamin C, which I started taking in the COVID world. I was taking the C during a 5 day water fast and was getting readings like 120-130 mg/dL for glucose on the CGM and in the 50's after several days fasting on finger stick glucose monitors. Also, the first day's readings are wonky (high).

Mark Cucuzzella talks about them here.

Alan Green MD will prescribe rapamycin. Green has posted here as alangreenmd. I linked previously to his stuff here.
Tincup
E3,E4

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5381
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby circular » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:57 am

vegarejuvinated wrote:Hi All- I have been lurking for a few years and gratefully reading your posts and information. I couldn’t see an answer to a specific question I have so posting for the first time in a while.

I am a 4/4 and also have an unnamed (yet) autoimmune condition. Over the past 4 years I have been on a mission to transform my health and avoid taking methotrexate or other immune suppressing drugs to manage the autoimmune progression. I did well for the first couple of years following an autoimmune/keto diet, healing gut issues, supplementing, regular sauna/cold/exercise/hyperbaric but over the last 6 months I have been feeling more and more unwell. Fatigue, GI problems, difficulty swallowing, difficulty breathing, anaphylactic episodes, and brain fog/mood issues. My recent blood tests show a 4*increase in my ANA antibodies over the past 6 months and I’m getting worried about how to manage without resorting to chemicals.

My diet has been off track recently and I want to ask the Dr to give me a CGM to help me with compliance on my diet.
I am also thinking about making a case to try Rapamycin instead of other immune suppressing drugs given the potential longevity benefits and the safety profile.

Does anyone have experience of creating a successful argument for either of these two approaches with their doctor?

Have you looked into low dose naltrexone? I can't say whether it will help you and others here know more. You can search the forums for discussion. I just mention it in case you want to consider both options before deciding.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

NYC44
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 pm

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby NYC44 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:13 pm

vegarejuvinated wrote:I want to ask the Dr to give me a CGM to help me with compliance on my diet.
I am also thinking about making a case to try Rapamycin instead of other immune suppressing drugs given the potential longevity benefits and the safety profile.

Does anyone have experience of creating a successful argument for either of these two approaches with their doctor?


I am not diabetic and I asked my PCP for a CGM and explained exactly why I wanted it (to discover how different foods affect my blood glucose level). He had no problem with writing a script. The pharmacist gave me more pushback than the doc, but what could she do. I told her my insurance wasn't going to cover it, but to run it anyway, and viola...insurance is paying for it. Don't know why, but I'm thrilled.

And with the Free Libre you don't need to buy the reader. The patches will talk to your iPhone, and you can get the FreeLibre App.

Now, I also want to figure out how to get Rapamycin without spending an arm and a leg! Let me know if you have had any luck with getting Rapamycin.

vegarejuvinated
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby vegarejuvinated » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi @NYC44 thanks for your response. I have been using the Abbot freestyle strips on and off but may just ask my Dr for a GCM based on your success.

And yes I have had success in getting access to Rapamycin. First as a patient of Dr Green in NYC https://rapamycintherapy.com/ and then second through https://rapamycintherapy.com/. The second link means you can access Rapamycin without a prescription. You pay in Bitcoin and they have been very reliable. I have been taking a weekly dose since January this year and am about to get another round of bloods but my ANA autoimmune market has already reduced significantly (could be due to other factors and I am trying multiple interventions at once).
4/4 from parents of a 2/4 and 4/4/

Tincup
Mod
Mod
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby Tincup » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:33 pm

vegarejuvinated wrote:And yes I have had success in getting access to Rapamycin. First as a patient of Dr Green in NYC https://rapamycintherapy.com/ and then second through https://rapamycintherapy.com/. The second link means you can access Rapamycin without a prescription. You pay in Bitcoin and they have been very reliable.


Both links look the same & point to Dr. Green, is this correct?

Is this the second link? http://rapamycin.store/how-to-buy

Curious, what was the cost of Rapamycin with prescription?
Tincup
E3,E4

vegarejuvinated
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby vegarejuvinated » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:53 pm

Whoops pasted the wrong link the second time.

Here is the second option with no prescription. They post from Australia (where I live) and you need to pay with Bitcoin http://rapamycin.store/

The cost via prescription is listed below;

Rapamune Pfizer Canada 1 mg 100 $901.99
Sirolimus (Rapacan-Biocon Pharma) Generic India 1 mg 100 $356.99
4/4 from parents of a 2/4 and 4/4/

shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 am

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby shenmen100 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:29 am

My husband and I just saw Dr Green last week. We get our Sirolimus thru the Amazon Pharmacy for about $30/month (in 3 month quantities) with a 5mg/week dose. I started the Rapamycin earlier in the summer from another MD but was on the east coast, so had a quick trip to NYC to consult with Dr Green and explore his other therapies like topical Sirolimus for thin skin and Dasatinib. The consult with Dr Green was $350/person and we had to get a series of lab tests before the visit. Our future consults can be online since we established ourselves in person.

I also have used Ray to get the freestyle libre which was very easy and helpful. This is his online store www.mycshonline.com

Tincup
Mod
Mod
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Front Range, CO

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby Tincup » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:55 pm

shenmen100 wrote:My husband and I just saw Dr Green last week. We get our Sirolimus thru the Amazon Pharmacy for about $30/month (in 3 month quantities) with a 5mg/week dose.


I assume you are getting the 90 1mg tabs for $155?


@vegarejuvinated
vegarejuvinated wrote:

The bitcoin @ $3.50/4mg seems to be the best deal. I assume you have seen no difference in your response from the rapamycin.store version and whatever you got from where Dr. Green sent you?
Tincup
E3,E4

shenmen100
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 am

Re: Creating a successful case to my Dr for a CGM and Rapamycin

Postby shenmen100 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:30 pm

I get 60 tabs (12 weeks worth at 5 mg/week) for $104 from the Amazon Pharmacy where Dr Green called in the RX-(approx $1.75/mg) very affordable considering what I pay for other supplements and I am comfortable with using a US pharmacy. I have not gotten the sirolimus from any other source. When I called around to price check (costco etc) Amazon was by far the cheapest.

The other MD I consulted earlier this summer gave me this contact for rapamycin and said you do not need a prescription to get this. https://theantiaging.store/product/rapa-pro-rapamycin

Peter Attia just had Matt Kaeberlein on his podcast for a second time- it's a long one but packed with information, BTW they both take Rapamycin https://peterattiamd.com/mattkaeberlein2/


Return to “Prevention and Treatment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests