Lamilla intro

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Lamilla
Contributor
Contributor

Lamilla intro

Post by Lamilla »

Hi Everyone,

I tested with 23andMe about 2 years ago and discovered my e 3/4 status which was a bit disappointing, however it could have been worse. My professional background has been in biochemistry and molecular biology for the past 30 years [BSc (Hons) and Ph.D]. Currently I have an academic university position and I teach final year courses in medical genetics and diagnostics, and biochemistry in earlier year courses.

I have been reading the 23andMe forum, however probably only posted once. Congratulations on setting up this site, it should be great way of organizing the discussions.

On a personal note; I am a 54 year old male who keeps fit with chinese martial arts and meditation. I inherited the e4 through my father, who passed away at 78 years with no obvious signs of dementia. However one or two of his brothers did have Alzheimers symptoms, and his sister currently has signs of dementia.

Peter
ApoE 3/4, MTHFR C677T (+/+)
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lamilla intro

Post by Michael »

Glad you could join us, Peter. I just responded to Doctor Lost who is also a PhD in Biochemistry. I think it's pretty amazing and fortunate that you are here also. Welcome.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Ski »

Welcome! Ahh meditation, now that is one practice I wish I could do better at and more of. Any advice to help a beginner? I did download an App called "Take a break" that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lol »

Hi Lamilla!
Ph.D? Biochemistry? Wow! Glad you are here, because I am looking forward to learning!
Lamilla
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lamilla »

Skibike wrote:Welcome! Ahh meditation, now that is one practice I wish I could do better at and more of. Any advice to help a beginner? I did download an App called "Take a break" that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are interested in meditation, I would highly recommend "awareness of the breath", also referred to as mindfullness of the breath.

One book that I like which includes this method is "The Attention Revolution" by Alan Wallace.
ApoE 3/4, MTHFR C677T (+/+)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome! We are, indeed, very blessed to have you here. I often need a scientist translator when working through the latest e4 research. I may knock on your door :?

Also, like Skibike, I am 100% convinced of the usefulness of meditation in promoting health...but am horrible at it. It's one of those things on my "to-do" list. Thank you for the tips. I'd love more.