Small radio program about ApoE4

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Small radio program about ApoE4

Post by Julie G »

Thanks, Mark. I was unaware of that; makes much better sense now. I couldn't imagine how James was reaching the USRDA goal as a vegan.
James
Contributor
Contributor

Post by James »

MarkES wrote: Repeating James comments and justification:
Thanks for digging this up! I wanted to link to post but couldn't remember where it was.
MarkES
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MarkES »

James wrote:I can't imagine being low on choline, or most nutrients really, unless a person is either eating a ton of processed crap or just not eating a lot in general.
Or not eating enough carbs or protein, which can happen on high fat diets.
ε3/ε4
MarkES
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MarkES »

James,

Thanks for sharing your podcast. Now I have a voice (and face) to go with the written word.

The basic message was low fat diets are good for ApoE4, particularly low saturated fats. Dietary cholesterol (animal foods) can also be another factor WRT lipids. I enjoyed the middle segment discussion the most between you and Cynthia, considering she is ApoE3/4 who has explored the literature and can relate ... she's in a position to discuss more of the details.

At time 16:35, you commented that Alzheimer's was a lipid-based disease. Could you expand on that?

At time 18:20, I liked the message for a lifestyle approach that reduces damage, as opposed to one that uses supplements for repair.

I was hoping for a discussion about calorie restriction. GB has mentioned how CR can produce lipid profiles independent of macronutrient ratios. Could you please describe your view?

Thanks,
Mark
ε3/ε4