Excellent primer on bHRT as it relates to cognition & how to safely use

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Excellent primer on bHRT as it relates to cognition & how to safely use

Post by Julie G »

Huge thanks to Dr. Ann Hathaway for generously sharing her slide presentation from Dr. Bredesen’s most recent physician training. She beautifully sifts through the mountain of evidence exploring the correlation between HRT and cognition, then very practically turns to HOW to safely use it in patients with multiple challenges. This is the best review of the evidence that I’ve found. Unfortunately, her information is not E4 specific, although we’ve touched upon that evidence in this thread.

Bioidentical Hormones and Cognition, 12/3/16
https://netorgft2290643-my.sharepoint.c ... ction=view
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Excellent primer on bHRT as it relates to cognition & how to safely use

Post by Stavia »

Thank you Anne and Julie!!
Jean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jean »

OMGSH this is beyond brilliant. Such helpful and encouraging information put together perfectly. I guess you can tell I am impressed. Good information for our doctors too.
Thank you Julie!
(Yes, I know I've been AWOL but, lurking. Had to figure some things out. I'm getting there.)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Nice to see you posting, Jean. Great praise from another of our hormone experts. Hope you're doing well...
Jean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jean »

:) All is well Julie. Thanks for asking. However, I'm far from a hormone expert. Just feel lucky about my choices, and thankful for the professionals who explained bio-identical hormone replacement and guided me through the process years ago! Thank you and RIP Gary King R PH and to the nurse practitioner who pointed me in that direction.

Prior to that I threw out premarin after taking 2 pills that made me feel sluggish when I was playing tennis.
Annadfrances
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Annadfrances »

I am having a difficult time accessing this slideshow. Could you re-post the link?

Julie G wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:45 am Huge thanks to Dr. Ann Hathaway for generously sharing her slide presentation from Dr. Bredesen’s most recent physician training. She beautifully sifts through the mountain of evidence exploring the correlation between HRT and cognition, then very practically turns to HOW to safely use it in patients with multiple challenges. This is the best review of the evidence that I’ve found. Unfortunately, her information is not E4 specific, although we’ve touched upon that evidence in this thread.

Bioidentical Hormones and Cognition, 12/3/16
https://netorgft2290643-my.sharepoint.c ... ction=view
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Annadfrances wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:29 pm I am having a difficult time accessing this slideshow. Could you re-post the link?...
Hi Annadfrances,

I think in a different thread, this question came up a year or so ago and it turned out that the slides had been removed from public viewing. That happens fairly often when something has been used as part of a conference or presentation. You might be interested in viewing Dr. Hathaway's website here: https://annhathawaymd.com/womens-health/
which has an explanation of bioidentical hormones and a link to a 2012 paper.

I unearthed the 2017 post that included this section, which may be what you were seeking. The notes below the link are from our Primer author Dr "Stavia":

ANN HATHAWAY

link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAmPO6lde4o&t=256s
bio-identical hormones, cognition and AD

Her passion for 20 years is the brain and oestradiol.

most important to consider in
*apoe4
*family history AD
*history major depression
*women with cognitive decline under 65yrs

evidence for benefit?
1. brain has receptors for 17 beta estradiol (E2). E2 improves cognition.
2. if true - why not generally utilised? poor understanding and fear of breast cancer
4/4 and still an optimist!
Annadfrances
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Annadfrances »

Thank you so much for responding. I am making my way through this and struggling. I appreciate your help very much.