Donna's Intro

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Donna
Contributor
Contributor

Donna's Intro

Post by Donna »

Age 60, APOe4.
Last edited by Donna on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Self-Intro

Post by SusanJ »

Donna, welcome, and sorry you are in shock. Most of us, even if we suspected we had E4, were similarly gut-punched.

Bredesen's book will be helpful. I tell people to zone in on the areas that might apply to you and for your family history. For example, I haven't had Lyme disease, but my dad and aunt both had T2 diabetes, so for me, I really watch those markers and do what I can to stay insulin sensitive.

Read it in small amounts so you don't get too overwhelmed. Just try to find the one or two things that you can start working on and go from there. You don't need to do it all at once!

And just curious, are you on bHRT?
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Donna's Intro

Post by SusanJ »

Donna, I just split off your intro so it would be more visible.
Donna wrote:My diet is basically nuts, greens and low sugar fruit, like berries.
Your diet looks like you are a vegan? If so, you might also look at bumping your choline, which is often low in vegan diets. Choline is a precursor to acetylcholine, which is important for good brain function.

You might also keep watch on JML's efforts to assemble some recipes for the group.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Donna, we'd love to hear a little more about you. Could you expand a bit on your diet?
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Donna
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Donna »

Hi All:
So, I’m not really vegan. I have a white fish once a week. My diet consists of broccoli, kale, collards, green peppers and squash. I basically eat blueberries with macadamia nuts and flaxseed meal late morning, salad for lunch with raw cashews and olive oil and the same for dinner. I have 6-8 glasses of water a day and 3-4 cups of Matcha, with a tsp of Amla in the morning tea. I don’t eat bread, flour or sugar of any kind. Also, gave up alcohol completely. How much choline might I take? I have lost 10 lbs in past 6 weeks since learning test results. I weigh 114, 5 5”. Thanks for any advice.