Having trouble posting In Prevention and Treatment

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Having trouble posting In Prevention and Treatment

Post by TheBrain »

Since yesterday, I’ve tried multiple times to post in the recent thread titled “Sleep.” I keep getting this error message:

Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

I’ve logged out and logged back in. Didn’t help. I quit and restarted my Safari browser. Didn’t help. I’ve tried posting on both my iPad and iMac.

Any ideas?
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Having trouble posting In Prevention and Treatment

Post by TheresaB »

I've had odd things like that happen to me before. Did you contact technical support: tech-team@apoe4.info
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Will do. Thanks, Theresa.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

The short answer is to rephrase any failing post to eliminate all left parentheses. Most of us can stop reading this post right here. :-)

The phpBB3 software that we use has a bug that causes posts containing certain sequences of the form "keyword(x" where keyword is any of a number of special words, and x is any non-space character. So for example, a prospective post containing any of these sequences will fail:

keyword(X
k ey word ( y
keywor d ()
keyword(-
try to keyword (happens occasionally)

You can reproduce this by attempting to post something containing a sequence like one of those above where you replace keyword with sleep, which is one of the special words.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Thanks, Marc. I had a whopping six left parentheses in my text! None of them appeared to fit any of the patterns you listed, unless that last one is a catch-all for any usage of the left parenthesis. But I went ahead and took out all of them and just succeeded in posting my text. I’ll be sure to remember this tip.