Craig Tanio, MD, FACP / Hollywood, FL

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Craig Tanio, MD, FACP / Hollywood, FL

Post by SusanJ »

I had an initial phone call with Dr. Tanio to talk about his practice and approach in July and was able to book an initial face-to-face appointment about one month later. My initial face-to-face visit was over 3 hours, including talking with Dr. Tanio about my concerns, past labs and his own initial exam, along with time with his team for cognitive testing, blood draws, etc. And after my followup call today to discuss test results, I can say I am impressed with his breadth of knowledge and ability to pull together some seemingly unrelated symptoms and labs, along with his practical and patient-centered approach to treatment.

Most of his patients have MCI or Alzheimer's, but he is willing to work with those of us who want to do all we can to prevent it.

He uses a mixture of his own clinical experience, mixed with Bredesen's Protocol (he is certified in ReCODE and attends a regular 8 physician, phone round table with Bredesen to compare notes), and recent training from Dr. Shoemaker (many of his patients have mold issues). See https://www.rezilirhealth.com/services-2/ for his approach.

For my followup call, he went through the results of each out-of-range test, suggesting what might be the next steps for each and why. He pointed out some test outliers that might wait for treatment down the road and areas where he was really happy with the results. Then he asked if I needed to wade through everything for a while, or have some idea of how I wanted to proceed. (And thanks to all we discuss here, I knew exactly where I wanted to focus attention.) He is very personable, and also welcomes any research I want to send his way.

He does not accept insurance, but will provide the appropriate documents to submit to your own insurance. There is an initial charge for the first meeting and a monthly fee after, which I understand is based on how much care you require. Their member approach is outlined at https://www.rezilirhealth.com/patients/. He is happy to work with via phone for followup consultations (he's 2.5 hours from where I live) and arrange for testing that I can do locally. His staff are helpful, and prompt in responding to my questions through their patient portal.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr. Craig Tanio, MD, FACP, Rezilir Health in Hollywood, Florida

Post by circular »

Great review Susan! I'm so glad you found someone like that there, a big plus to the move!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

circular wrote:I'm so glad you found someone like that there, a big plus to the move!
So far so good. After the string of bad luck we've had with this move, not to mention Hurricane Dorian, I see this as a great positive. The proof will be in the reducing inflammation pudding though! Very hopeful at the moment.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

SusanJ wrote: So far so good. After the string of bad luck we've had with this move, not to mention Hurricane Dorian, I see this as a great positive. The proof will be in the reducing inflammation pudding though! Very hopeful at the moment.
Hi Susan,

Would you suggest that we add Dr. Tanio to our list of ApoE4-aware health practitioners on the Wiki? If so, I can probably get his information from his website and would link to your review.
4/4 and still an optimist!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

NF52 wrote:Would you suggest that we add Dr. Tanio to our list of ApoE4-aware health practitioners on the Wiki?
He works at Rezilir Health (#36 on the wiki) but not mentioned explicitly. So if you want to add his name, go for it.