Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Post by TheBrain »

Julie G wrote:One step forward, two steps back… sigh. An independent, volunteer panel of national experts in disease prevention and evidence-based medicine that works to improve the health of all Americans by making evidence-based recommendations about clinical preventive services, called the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), has recently suggested that there is INSUFFICIENT evidence to recommend screening for cognitive impairment in older adults. Head banging on table. We are so far apart! We want prevention and it’s too soon for SCREENING??? :shock: You can read their rationale here. I’ve already weighed in on our behalf (partially using a template from Us Against Alzheimer’s) encouraging the group to reconsider their decision. You are welcome to personally comment on the link above. My response is attached below.
USPSTF Comments from ApoE4.Info, Inc..docx
Excellent response, Julie. Thank you for writing it on behalf of ApoE4.Info, Inc.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote: My response is attached below.
USPSTF Comments from ApoE4.Info, Inc..docx
Thank you for submitting such a comprehensive response to their daft draft.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
DebbieG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebbieG »

I like this latest round of names!

I was trying to think of something that captured the grassroots nature of this group and initiative, and thought of "Alzheimer's Prevention Action Network", which I think is probably too trite, but maybe someone has a better idea along that line.

Or
Banish Alzheimer's Now - Join the growing number of people who are working to prevent Alzheimer's and improve cognition in those already affected.
ellenjanemccallum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ellenjanemccallum »

Hi Alzheimer's Activists,

Seeking your feedback and help!

I am going to start on a first draft of the scientific consensus statement, if anyone would like to join in with it or share views and thoughts please let me know.

Very happy to be working on this 'global initiative' :D
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

I'd love to jump in on this as well. Please keep me in the loop for any future discussions or zoom calls.
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy