New Research on Blood Brain Barrier and APOE4

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
LaderaJim
New User
New User

Re: New Research on Blood Brain Barrier and APOE4

Post by LaderaJim »

Where can I find more inf on Rapamycin? How many people are are using it at what dosage level?
NYC44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NYC44 »

Peter Attia admits to using it once per week at a dose around 5mg - 8mg on his "The Drive" Podcast #175 – Matt Kaeberlein, Ph.D.: The biology of aging, rapamycin, and other interventions that target the aging process. He said he used to cycle on and off, but now he takes it every week. Listen to this podcast. It will tell a lot about Rapa.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Newtothis3/4 wrote:Rapamycin is the anti-rejection drug that is cited. It can be used as a prophylactic to never develop AD. It also is an anti-aging drug to extend lifespan and keep one from developing cancer, Parkinson’s, etc. The drug is real and it works. In my opinion, Rapa is the greatest drug anyone could take to keep AD from ever developing, regardless of Apoe status.
Wow! Time to look into it.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Newtothis3/4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Newtothis3/4 »

Two years on 12mg Rapa weekly. It is a game changer. Cognitively and physically, I have never felt so good and I just turned 45. It really is a panacea for all diseases related to aging, including AD.