Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
JeniO
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Post by JeniO »

trmonson87 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:41 pm Hello,

I just joined this forum and would like to participate in the virtual book club. I have Bredesen's books and I feel hopeful that there is a path for me to to navigate this apoe4 challenge. I would love to communicate with others who are dealing with this same challenge. Hope to learn and grow and support one another. Thank you.

Ruth Monson
Hi Ruth,

Welcome to APOE4.info! It's great to see you in the forum!

I'm glad you're ready to jump into the book club and start connecting here. "JML" leads the book club and subscribes to this forum, so she will see your post and reply to you with a Zoom link on a Private Message before the next book club meeting in February.

In the meantime, here is some information to help you as you're looking around.

Here is a link to the primer and our How to Guide.

As you may have already seen, there is a helpful search tool available in the top right-hand corner of the site that you can use by clicking the three dots next to your log-in id. You can use that to search for topics in the various forums.

If you'd like to tell us more about yourself and how you found us, check out the Our Stories Forum

We are glad you found us and hope that this site will continue to be useful to you in your journey.
Be well,
Jeni
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
"Don't judge each day by the harvest that you reap but by the seeds that you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

trmonson87 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:41 pm I just joined this forum and would like to participate in the virtual book club. I have Bredesen's books and I feel hopeful that there is a path for me to to navigate this apoe4 challenge. I would love to communicate with others who are dealing with this same challenge. Hope to learn and grow and support one another. Thank you.
Hi Ruth--The next virtual meet-up will be in March, but the date has not been finalized. Usually on a Saturday afternoon. If you send me your email in a private message (click on the envelope icon on the top right side of the page) I will send you a calendar invitation with the Zoom link.

I look forward to meeting you!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Our next virtual Meet-up will be March 19 at 3:00-4:30 pm CT on Zoom. If you would like to be added to the calendar invitation, please send me a private message with your email and I will add you in. (You can send a private message by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right corner of the page, under the "About Us" option.)

Hope to see you all then!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
trmonson87
New User
New User

Post by trmonson87 »

Thanks for the info. I will be on the road, but will try to join if I can.

Ruth
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

For anyone who was on today’s call, I am fact checking myself re: Homocysteine
While Dr Goodenowe definitely cites both creatine and choline , “ Dietary supply of choline and creatine naturally reduces methyltransferace demand and naturally lowers SAH and homocysteine” (pg 186 Breaking Alzheimer’s),
I could not find any reference to creatine for homocysteine reduction in either of Dr Bredesen’s books.
He does mention choline in the section, “How Can I lower my homocysteine” (Pg 299, The End of Alzheimer’s Program:

Adequate choline is also helpful and this can be obtained from your diet (e.g. egg yolks, liver)or via supplementation with citicoline, GPC choline , or lecithin.”
Also on pg 188. “Inadequate choline status can also put you at risk for elevated homocysteine.

But I was mistaken when I said that I thought Dr. Bredesen mentioned both creatine and choline in one of his books in relation to lowering homocysteine.
(Well, I wasn’t mistaken that I thought it. It’s just that the thought was wrong! :oops: )
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Good to see so many of you this afternoon. Here are some notes and resources from the Chat:

Dr. Brownstein's book about Iodine:
Iodine supplements as recommended by Dr. Brownstein.
Iodine loading 24 hour urine test.
Bromine detox:
https://jeffreydachmd.com/2014/03/iodin ... y-dach-md/

Check out Neil Nathan's Newsletter #24 for a chart that describes the pathways for different molds and foods that help to detox specific molds. I think the chart may have been updated since that newsletter.

Sulforaphane supplement recommended by Dr. Hausman- Cohen is Avmacol and Avmacol Extra Strength with Maitake Mushroom Extract.

Very Helpful Mold Remediation Book (Mold Medic):

Effective Microorganisms (EM) for Home Mold Treatment:
It’s a mix of predominantly anaerobic bacteria in a carbohydrate rich substrate (molasses). This can be sprayed onto surfaces, put in the conditioner dispenser of the washing machine. You can drink it but mostly it is used on surfaces or to soak things in, or to improve soil fertility.

Oxylates (and Kidney Stones)
ApoE4.info wiki on oxylates: https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Oxalates

Book about the Wim Hof Method:
The Wim Hof method: activate your full human potential

Practitioner Recommendation in Canada: Dr. Kellerman (Bredesen-trained)
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Next session will be scheduled in late May or early June.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beegee »

I just wanted to say quick thank you. I've said it many times, but important messages need to be repeated. Just seeing you all doing so well gives me energy for about a month :)
Also, I said that I had enjoyed cold showers. Here is what I meant, I enjoy the feeling after taking the cold showers LOL. And it wasn't easy, it took me 4.5 months of Wim Hof breathing exercise to start it. First feet, then arms, then the front followed by the back of the legs and the buttocks. I added the back just 2 days ago. The next huge step would be to convince my husband, as he is the one who should be doing it :)
I'm glad I discovered Wim Hof, he is a tough guy who went through tough times and my husband, who absolutely rejects any form of meditation accepted his method. And it's very simple, just breathing, exposure to cold and mindset. Thanks again and looking forward to the next one.
anniew4
New User
New User

Re: Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Post by anniew4 »

Hi Everyone - I just joined the APoE4 forum as a caretaker for my mom. I'd love to join the virtual meet-up. Would it be possible to join in on the next call?
Looking forward to learning from this group!
Annie
Attabeth
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Post by Attabeth »

anniew4 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:21 pm Hi Everyone - I just joined the APoE4 forum as a caretaker for my mom. I'd love to join the virtual meet-up. Would it be possible to join in on the next call?
Looking forward to learning from this group!
Annie
Hi Annie,

So glad you found this community. I hope you find this site to be a great source of information and loving support as you care for your mom. She is lucky to have you.

We would love for you to join the next virtual meet-up. It will be scheduled in late May or early June, and Julie L will be the one contacting you about that.

If you would like to tell us more about yourself as a caretaker for you mom or interested in learning more about other members that may be caretakers as well check out Our Stories.

Some helpful tips and tricks to navigate the site include the How-to Guide. This guide is a great resource I found helpful when I started posting. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response. It really helps to keep the conversation going.

Once again, I am so glad you are here. Please reach out again with any questions or concerns that you may have and be sure you are also taking great care of yourself.

Be well,
Beth