Cooked are raw to measure you veggies?

Dawnestevez
Contributor
Contributor

Cooked are raw to measure you veggies?

Post by Dawnestevez »

Hi Im new ti this group. I’m trying to figure out how we measure or veggies to equal 9 cups a day. Are they measured raw or cooked? Thank you,
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Cooked are raw to measure you veggies?

Post by TheresaB »

Dawnestevez wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:51 pm Hi Im new ti this group. I’m trying to figure out how we measure or veggies to equal 9 cups a day. Are they measured raw or cooked? Thank you,
You obviously read that from the Wahl's Protocol (or heard it in our podcast with Dr Wahls Terry Wahls, MD: Heal Neurodegeneration w/ Paleo Principles)

I took a quick look at Dr Wahls book, "The Wahls Protocol" to see if she specified, she said,
Nine Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Every Day, Broken Down as Follows:
*Three cups tightly packed raw or cooked leafy greens, like kale, collards, chard, Asian greens, and lettuces (the darker, the better)
*Three cups deeply colored vegetables and fruits, such as berries, tomatoes, beets, carrots, and winter squash
*Three cups sulfur-rich vegetables, including broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, turnips, radishes, onions, and garlic.
Wahls M.D., Terry; Eve Adamson. The Wahls Protocol (pp. 111-113). Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

I've always assumed raw, since most of my consumption is in a large salad at dinner drizzled with high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

She does specify later in the book that with respect to the leafy greens, 2 cups raw equals 1 cup cooked.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Attabeth
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Attabeth »

Dawnestevez wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:51 pm Hi Im new ti this group. I’m trying to figure out how we measure or veggies to equal 9 cups a day. Are they measured raw or cooked? Thank you,
Hi Dawnestevez,

I'm so glad you found our forum and I appreciate you reaching out with a great question as I have wondered that myself. Thanks to Theresa for clearing that up for us and providing the info.

As a welcome intern, I'd love to provide you with some links that might be helpful to you as you explore further.
The Primer includes researched-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips and tricks to navigate the site include the How-to Guide. This guide is a great resource I found helpful when I started posting. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response. It really helps to keep the conversation going.

If you would like to tell us more about yourself or interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Please feel free to tell us more about yourself and reach out with any other questions. I'm so glad you are here and hope you will find this group to be helpful in your health journey.

Be well,
Beth
Dawnestevez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dawnestevez »

Thank you Beth this sounds wonderful. I need help navigating. I’m a apoe 4/4. It’s greatly appreciated.
Dawnestevez
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dawnestevez »

Thank you Theresa this helps me so much. Getting used to eating 9 cups and day is getting a little easier.