All Clad Class Action Lawsuit

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

All Clad Class Action Lawsuit

Post by Jan18 »

Just came upon this lawsuit against All Clad, the cookware I am using and thought was safe.

My latest blood work showed I had some aluminum in my results, so I stopped using Calphalon cookware, as I read its nonstick surface can wear away and expose its aluminum layer. Little did I know that All Clad also has an aluminum layer that can become compromised if the product is used in the dishwasher, especially with citrus or acidic-based cleaners. All Clad's descriptions say it is dishwasher safe. I hand wash mine, but am still watching the lawsuit and still concerned.

If anyone can recommend cookware that is perfectly safe, please respond. All Clad was recommended to me by a chef-friend and is expensive!

https://www.classaction.org/news/dishwa ... on-alleges
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: All Clad Class Action Lawsuit

Post by TheresaB »

We've had a few discussions on this:

Cook Ware?

cookware again

Aluminum Tools in the Kitchen
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jan18 »

Thanks, TheresaB!

This will be part of my reading today. I think I read some of this previously, so will revisit!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Jan18 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:04 am My latest blood work showed I had some aluminum in my results
If you aren't aware, member Laurie's husband, Harvard PhD chemist Dennis Crouse, has method to reduce aluminum in the body with silica water. This is a post of mine in the thread. I'll tag Laurie here. She also has a FB group on the topic.
laurie wrote:
Tincup
E3,E4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jan18 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:04 am Just came upon this lawsuit against All Clad, the cookware I am using and thought was safe.

If anyone can recommend cookware that is perfectly safe, please respond. All Clad was recommended to me by a chef-friend and is expensive!
Thanks for the information on the lawsuit I wasn't aware of this. I am shocked that aluminum can leach through 2 layers of stainless steel. The law suit states D3 as one of the types of pans. D3 is "made with a responsive aluminum core bonded together with 2 layers of durable stainless" I would love to see if there was testing for aluminum done on the cookware for law suit. There is a possibility this lawsuit has no merit. More data is needed. I am aware nonstick coatings over aluminum can scratch and degrade leaching aluminum.

I have been recommending all-clad to people. I will have to research this further. My husband has tested an aluminum pan for the amount of aluminum. We may have to borrow some all-clad cookware from a friend and do more testing. My husband's testing. "Filling a new aluminum caldera made by Imusa with fluoridated (i.e., 0.5ppm fluoride) tap water and heating it at 350oF for 1 hour resulted in 770mcg/L of aluminum being added to the water."

You asked about cookware to buy, Vintage Revere Ware is stainless steel with no aluminum.

Also Tincup let you know you can remove aluminum from your body by drinking silica rich mineral water. Fiji, Acilis and Volvic are 3 brands with have enough OSA to remove aluminum. OSA is the form of silica found in these waters.

Let me know if I can be of any further help. My husband Dennis N Crouse has been researching about aluminum, silica water and Alzheimer's for around 10 years.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jan18 »

laurie wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:25 pm
There is a possibility this lawsuit has no merit. More data is needed. I am aware nonstick coatings over aluminum can scratch and degrade leaching aluminum.
Hi Laurie,
If you read the link to the lawsuit, it has to do with All Clad saying their cookware is dishwasher safe. The plaintiffs assert that they were not told not to use "citrus or acidic" dishwashing detergent and it is that which compromised the cookware. I believe it went on to say that when confronted with the findings, All Clad was not responsive and has not altered its "dishwasher safe" claim.

That's about all I know.

I don't wash my All Clad in the dishwasher.

Thank you for the information you provided!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Yes I did read the part about the dishwasher being what the lawsuit is based on. Stainless put in the dishwasher should not become compromised. One theory could be the pans are not fully clad. If my husband decides to test a pan I will post the results here.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jan18 »

laurie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:51 am Yes I did read the part about the dishwasher being what the lawsuit is based on. Stainless put in the dishwasher should not become compromised. One theory could be the pans are not fully clad. If my husband decides to test a pan I will post the results here.
Thanks, Laurie! Would be very interested to know that.
Jan18
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jan18 »

Tincup wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:45 am

If you aren't aware, member Laurie's husband, Harvard PhD chemist Dennis Crouse, has method to reduce aluminum in the body with silica water. This is a post of mine in the thread. I'll tag Laurie here. She also has a FB group on the topic.
I think I neglected to acknowledge your help on this, Tincup! Thank you so much!