Hormone replacement

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Chrisweides
Contributor
Contributor

Hormone replacement

Post by Chrisweides »

Hey fellow E4 carriers,

Being very anxious, sleepless, hot, burdened with brain fog and generally totally unlike the normal me, I assume perimenopause has really started. I am about to turn 50 so it fits. Had a hysterectomy but they left the ovaries in so I can stick to estrogen.

I am looking for the information on hormone replacement. Maybe I am too tired but I just can find it anymore. Can anyone direct me to a link please 🙂

Also, I have a question. They all talk about the optimal window for the treatment with hormones. I dont know if I am in that window because I cannot determine the day of my cycle. I read that if you add hormones too late, you actually increase disease risk. Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you so much

Chris
51 years old. APO E3/4. Mother, grandmother and great grandmother had/are starting with dementia. Afflicted with anxiety disorder atm. Very eager to save brain and live a long healthy life. Grateful to you all for your knowledge and kindness!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Hormone replacement

Post by floramaria »

Chrisweides wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:08 am Hey fellow E4 carriers,

Being very anxious, sleepless, hot, burdened with brain fog and generally totally unlike the normal me, I assume perimenopause has really started. I am about to turn 50 so it fits. Had a hysterectomy but they left the ovaries in so I can stick to estrogen.

I am looking for the information on hormone replacement. Maybe I am too tired but I just can find it anymore. Can anyone direct me to a link please 🙂

Also, I have a question. They all talk about the optimal window for the treatment with hormones. I dont know if I am in that window because I cannot determine the day of my cycle. I read that if you add hormones too late, you actually increase disease risk. Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you so much

Chris
Hi
Chrisweides, here is the link to one of the main threads on hormone replacement.
viewtopic.php?p=75787&hilit=Hormone+replacement#p75787

If you want to find other references to BHRT in the threads, type “Hormone replacement” into the search bar, just below your user name at upper right of page.

I also recommend checking out Ann Hathaway’s slides. I’ll try to find that link and post in this thread.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Hormone replacement

Post by floramaria »

Chrisweides wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:08 am Chris
Hello again, Chris. it looks like the links to Dr Hathaway’s slide presentation are no longer active.
But you might want to read through the section of the Primer that focuses on estrogen. The Primer is written by a physician member and offer a comprehensive overview of ApoE4 risk factors and prioritized strategies to mitigate those risks. viewtopic.php?p=15911#p15911
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health