Any Canucks out there?

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Any Canucks out there?

Post by floramaria »

Beegee wrote:. Anyway, I appreciate your help and I'm looking forward to the Book Club on May 22nd. Thank you 🙂
See you next week!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
LawrenceJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LawrenceJ »

Hi all, first entry/post! I'm so impressed by this forum: from the depth and breadth of information to the respectful tone, one that's at the same time warm and lighthearted. While I haven't done an ApoE4 test yet, I've applied my Functional Health Coach (Kresser Institute) reading of my biology ('hair trigger' immunity, slightly high blood lipids, parental history) to formulate a reasonable suspicion.

And oh, right, as a Canuck near Vancouver, Canada, we may eventually be able to do inperson meet - ups.

Inspired by the Bredesen Protocol, I'm currently retooling my coaching service (Primal Wellness) to offer support to those who feel they are somewhere on the AZ trajectory.

Finally, hoping to join the Book Club on May 22, 2021! (I believe I know who to reach out to)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

LawrenceJ wrote:Hi all, first entry/post! I'm so impressed by this forum: from the depth and breadth of information to the respectful tone, one that's at the same time warm and lighthearted. While I haven't done an ApoE4 test yet, I've applied my Functional Health Coach (Kresser Institute) reading of my biology ('hair trigger' immunity, slightly high blood lipids, parental history) to formulate a reasonable suspicion.

And oh, right, as a Canuck near Vancouver, Canada, we may eventually be able to do inperson meet - ups.

Inspired by the Bredesen Protocol, I'm currently retooling my coaching service (Primal Wellness) to offer support to those who feel they are somewhere on the AZ trajectory.

Finally, hoping to join the Book Club on May 22, 2021! (I believe I know who to reach out to)
Welcome, LawrenceJ!

Always happy to (virtually) meet a Canadian on the forum. Thank you for the kind words and for sharing a bit about your own path to finding this forum. We have members who, like you, have chosen for now not to test for ApoE4, feeling that the news would not change the actions they are taking to continue to enjoy a healthy, purposeful life. We encourage people to think about the decision to test with this section from our Welcome page: Thinking About Testing?

Here are some resources that may be of interest, including a guide to our sometimes clunky software!
The Primer is written by Stavia, a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4.

The How-To Guide shows how to quote members (use the " icon in the upper right of any post) so they get an email notification of your post. It also shows how to use the Search function for topics, and how to subscribe to topics of interest.

Our Wiki Index provides a diverse array of resources curated by members. One that may be of interest to you as you look to offer support to those concerned about Alzheimer's or other dementias is ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches

And I'll also "quote" JML, the moderator of the ever-growing Book Club, so that she sees you are interested in joining this Saturday's meeting.
JML wrote: We will have the next virtual gathering on Saturday May 22 at 3:00 pm US Central Daylight Time. I sent out a calendar invitation to all of you who have shared your emails with me in a private message. If anyone else would like to join, just let me know.
Hope the borders between the U.S. and Canada open soon, and those in-person meetings can again happen!
4/4 and still an optimist!
JHanson101
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JHanson101 »

Hello,

I’m from Calgary
SBee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SBee »

JHanson101 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:53 am Hello,

I’m from Calgary
Welcome, JHanson101!
Thanks so much for your post...I am hopeful you will hear from some other "Great White Northerners" who are members of the community :)
Canada is actually one of my favorite places to visit...my husband and I honeymooned in Vancouver and we also visited Toronto a number of years ago. I would love to visit Calgary someday soon and catch a hockey game!

I'm not sure if you have been able to explore the site in detail since you joined, but I can share several tools/resources to help you get the most out of your experience here:

First, if you would like to learn more about ApoE4, the Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

In addition, the How-To Guide offers tips on how to navigate forums and respond to posts including how to quote members (using the quotation icon in the upper right of any post) so they get an email notification of your post. It also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics, and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

Finally, if you are interested in sharing more details about your own story or just learning about other community members' experiences, you can link to Our Stories.

I hope you find these tools useful, and please feel free to reach out if you need additional support!

Warmly,
Sue
SBee
ApoE2/4
LawrenceJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LawrenceJ »

Hello to JHanson and lovely post, SBee. If you do make it to Calgary, and a hockey game, you'd likely be entertained as their team (Flames) is playing a very good, lively, creative game these days. And the Rockies!

And you can reach out anytime, @JHanson! Would love to know more: what drew you to the Forum, etc...
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

JHanson101 wrote:
SBee wrote:
LawrenceJ wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:33 am Hello to JHanson and lovely post, SBee. If you do make it to Calgary, and a hockey game, you'd likely be entertained as their team (Flames) is playing a very good, lively, creative game these days. And the Rockies!

And you can reach out anytime, @JHanson! Would love to know more: what drew you to the Forum, etc...
Thanks for your reply, LawrenceJ! I used the quotation mark function to ensure that our friend JHanson from Calgary and our intern SBee who loves Canada each sees your reply. As someone who sadly could not visit Vancouver on my first ever trip to the Pacific NW last fall, it's still on my to-do list!
4/4 and still an optimist!
SBee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SBee »

LawrenceJ wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:33 am Hello to JHanson and lovely post, SBee. If you do make it to Calgary, and a hockey game, you'd likely be entertained as their team (Flames) is playing a very good, lively, creative game these days. And the Rockies!

Hello LawrenceJ!
Thanks for the kind response including some hockey talk :)
Hope the Canucks can pull themselves into a playoff spot...anything is possible, right?
How is coaching going for you? Have you been able to "retool" your services to support clients with AD or early symptoms?
SBee
ApoE2/4
Proverbs31_Woman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Proverbs31_Woman »

Richard McG wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 am Just curious love to do a meet up with any Canadians in the Toronto/Hamilton area?
Check out our RE-code info and chat about best practices etc.

Rick 4/4 50 years married 1 child :)
I'm also in Canada. I'm in Ottawa. I would be more than happy to join virtual zoom. I'm currently getting started along with mom. Mom on re-code and I'm pre-code.

Thanks
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Glad this thread has grown some traction!

Still in Vancouver still folks let me know if anyone would like to get together in BC sometime. Can chat and compare notes :)
or virtual.....

Cheers
Rick
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)