Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Post by JML »

A few of the notes from our August 7 Virtual Meet-up. So nice to see all of you who were able to attend!

Cognitive Testing that we discussed:
CNS Vital Signs Test--Available free for Apollo Health ReCODE Members or maybe from your doctor
CQ Test--Available free (once) on the Apollo site (or available monthly to Apollo PreCODE members)

Reverse Alzheimer’s 2.0 Summit Recordings from DrSummits.com
Julie Gregory, Julie Luby and many others spoke at this summit

More information on Plasmalogens can be found here.

Continuous Glucose Monitors
Check to see if your doctor will prescribe one and your insurance will pay for one (don't necessarily have to have diabetes or prediabetes).
Another suggestion for how to get monitors:
CGM without a script Sold in pairs only.

If interested in reading more on KAATSU
FYI KAATSU especially (and resistance training exercise in general) elevates plasmalogen levels.

Lean Mass Hyper Responders:
Short YouTube video by Dave Feldman on the Lipid Energy Model explaining why LDL Cholesterol Increases on a Low Carb Diet/Keto diet. The video introduces/discusses his recently published paper.
Dave Feldman - Website: The Cholesterol Code

Try a new vegetable: Jicama--it's a good source of prebiotic fiber

Daylight Savings Time
Here’s a link with info about the “Sunshine Protection Act,” the bill to keep Daylight Savings Time all year long in USA. It hasn’t passed the House yet. And when it does, it’ll go into effect November 2023, not 2022.

Other Resources:
Intellipure systems for HVAC units
Jill Crista mold detox program
Pahla B Fitness program

Next meeting of the Virtual Meet-Up Group will be in October--date TBD. Subscribe to this thread to get notified of the date.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

The next virtual Meet-up will be Saturday November 12 at 3:00 pm CT. I sent out a calendar invitation with a Zoom link to all who have been attending before.

If you would like to attend and didn't receive an invitation, just let me know. You can send your email to me via private message, and I'll add you to the invitation. Or let me know and I'll send you the Zoom link.

Looking forward to seeing people in a few weeks!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
LeahinTexas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LeahinTexas »

I’d like to join the Virtual Meetup. I don’t see how to send you a private message with my email, however.

So glad this resource is available - I was hoping for this exact thing - a book study of Bredesen’s book, TEOAP.

LeahinTexas
Alexia C
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Alexia C »

LeahinTexas wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:38 am I’d like to join the Virtual Meetup. I don’t see how to send you a private message with my email, however.

So glad this resource is available - I was hoping for this exact thing - a book study of Bredesen’s book, TEOAP.

LeahinTexas
Hello LeahinTexas,

Welcome to our forum! I am so glad you joined and are finding the information here useful.

Regarding your inquiry- you can send a private message by pressing 'JML'. This will send you to the page where the option to send on a Private Message will appear on the left hand side. When you press the Private Message link you will see the recipient is already included and you just need to add the Subject and Content.

As a welcome intern, I would like to point out some links/resources that might be helpful as you explore the site further.

The Primer is written by Stavia, a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

The How-To Guide shows how to quote members (use the " icon in the upper right of any post) so they get an email notification of your post. It also shows how to use the Search function for topics, and how to subscribe to topics of interest.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories. You might find other members with experiences like yours that you might find useful.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum and hope you find the support you need. Let me know if you have further questions that I can help you with. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Best,

Alexia C
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I’d like to join the Virtual Meetup. I don’t see how to send you a private message with my email, however.

LeahinTexas
So happy you can join. I don't think that new users can send/receive personal messages. We'll figure out how to email an invitation to you. I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday at 3pm CT.
LeahinTexas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LeahinTexas »

Thank you!
RuthKen
New User
New User

Post by RuthKen »

Hello - I'd like to join your virtual book club. Just joined the APOe4 Forum a couple of months ago. Thanks much!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

LeahinTexas wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:55 am Thank you!
RuthKen wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:47 am Hello - I'd like to join your virtual book club. Just joined the APOe4 Forum a couple of months ago. Thanks much!
I sent both of you a private message--look for the envelope icon in the upper right corner of the screen, and click on it to find my message. If you don't see it, please let me know by responding here!

Looking forward to meeting you both!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
shazzy
New User
New User

Post by shazzy »

Hi Julie,

If it is still possible, I would also like to attend the virtual book club.

Thanks!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

JML wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:20 am The next virtual Meet-up will be Saturday November 12 at 3:00 pm CT. I sent out a calendar invitation with a Zoom link to all who have been attending before.
Julie, want to make sure you see shazzy's request to also join in.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4