World Alzheimer's Month in September - anyone doing anything?

TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

World Alzheimer's Month in September - anyone doing anything?

Post by TCHC »

Hi everyone

Is anyone doing anything for World Alzheimer's Month in September? Any ideas for anything you'd like to see? I'm a ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach in the UK (so I'm happy to connect with anyone in the UK if you want to collaborate, but I'm also very happy to hear from anyone in any country) and I'd like to use September as a springboard for raising awareness. But I'd love to know what would you guys like to see happen or would wish others to know?

thanks!
Lindsey
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: World Alzheimer's Month in September - anyone doing anything?

Post by floramaria »

TCHC wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:42 am Hi everyone

Is anyone doing anything for World Alzheimer's Month in September? Any ideas for anything you'd like to see? I'm a ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach in the UK (so I'm happy to connect with anyone in the UK if you want to collaborate, but I'm also very happy to hear from anyone in any country) and I'd like to use September as a springboard for raising awareness. But I'd love to know what would you guys like to see happen or would wish others to know?

thanks!
Lindsey
hi Lindsey, I am just catching up on posts I hadn’t seen yet today and came on to this one of yours. I am also a ReCODE Health Coach. Not in the UK, though. One thing that came to mind for me is that a few years ago, I gave a talk at our local library about new approaches to AD. Since all of us are so steeped in the information about lifestyle‘s impact on risk it is easy to forget that many people are completely unaware of that. Many still think that their genetics doom them to inevitably getting Alzheimer’s. They were surprised and grateful to hear a more hopeful view. Maybe doing a similar presentation somewhere would be a good way for you to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Month.

Spread the good news!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCHC »

floramaria wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm

thanks!
Lindsey
hi Lindsey, I am just catching up on posts I hadn’t seen yet today and came on to this one of yours. I am also a ReCODE Health Coach. Not in the UK, though. One thing that came to mind for me is that a few years ago, I gave a talk at our local library about new approaches to AD. Since all of us are so steeped in the information about lifestyle‘s impact on risk it is easy to forget that many people are completely unaware of that. Many still think that their genetics doom them to inevitably getting Alzheimer’s. They were surprised and grateful to hear a more hopeful view. Maybe doing a similar presentation somewhere would be a good way for you to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Month.

Spread the good news!
Hi FloraMaria

Thanks for that, it's a great idea! I will indeed check out local libraries... I'm off to do a brainstorming session to think of other places I could do a talk! Sorry it's taken me a while to pick this up, I've been having a very busy few weeks.

Where are you, in the world?

Lindsey
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

TCHC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 pm
floramaria wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm

thanks!
Lindsey

Spread the good news!
Hi FloraMaria

Thanks for that, it's a great idea! I will indeed check out local libraries... I'm off to do a brainstorming session to think of other places I could do a talk! Sorry it's taken me a while to pick this up, I've been having a very busy few weeks.

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey, I hope you’ll post again after you speak somewhere and let us know how it went. Maybe that will inspire others; maybe even inspire me to do it again.

I’m in a small village in the State of NewMexico ( part of the US).
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCHC »

floramaria wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:44 am
TCHC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 pm
floramaria wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:22 pm hi Lindsey, I am just catching up on posts I hadn’t seen yet today and came on to this one of yours. I am also a ReCODE Health Coach. Not in the UK, though. One thing that came to mind for me is that a few years ago, I gave a talk at our local library about new approaches to AD. Since all of us are so steeped in the information about lifestyle‘s impact on risk it is easy to forget that many people are completely unaware of that. Many still think that their genetics doom them to inevitably getting Alzheimer’s. They were surprised and grateful to hear a more hopeful view. Maybe doing a similar presentation somewhere would be a good way for you to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Month.

Spread the good news!
Hi FloraMaria

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey, I hope you’ll post again after you speak somewhere and let us know how it went. Maybe that will inspire others; maybe even inspire me to do it again.

I’m in a small village in the State of NewMexico ( part of the US).
Hi, I have a talk booked at a local organic food store. I'll be making smoothies with brain healthy foods. I'm making up some posters to go in their windows.
I'll let you know how it goes. I have contacted some local Alzheimer's support groups and memories cafes to do talks too.
Lindsey
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

TCHC wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:52 am
Hi, I have a talk booked at a local organic food store. I'll be making smoothies with brain healthy foods. I'm making up some posters to go in their windows.
I'll let you know how it goes. I have contacted some local Alzheimer's support groups and memories cafes to do talks too.
Lindsey
Hi, Lindsey! That’s great! Please post after you give you talk. It is a great public service to share hope with people who don’t know how science around AD has evolved. I’m excited for you that you are opening this door! it is tremendous that you’ll be making brain healthy smoothies as part of your presentation. That’ll give your audience a taste of the protocol!
Wishing you all the best!
Floramaria
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

floramaria wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:38 pm
TCHC wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:52 am
Lindsey
Hi, Lindsey! That’s great! Please post after you give you talk. It is a great public service to share hope with people who don’t know how science around AD has evolved. I’m excited for you that you are opening this door! it is tremendous that you’ll be making brain healthy smoothies as part of your presentation. That’ll literally give your audience a taste of the protocol!
Wishing you all the best!
Floramaria