Introduction

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
HMan1234
New User
New User

Introduction

Post by HMan1234 »

Hi Everyone,
My name is Paul and I am a new member of this forum.
I am 61 years old and have a grandfather and mother both of whom have suffered from AD.
About 12 years ago I did some genetic testing to find out my situation and discovered I was APO E3/4.
It was frightening and I was not aware of any protocols until I came across Dr. Bredesen's book recently.
So I just learned how to live with it and did my best at taking good care of myself (Exercise, diet, stimulation, etc.)
Now that there is hope of being able to deal with it it is like I am pulling it out of the closet once again and I am finding it anxiety producing.
No problem! Lots of great stories of folks here who are taking this head on and making great progress.....you are an inspiration!
My next step is to find a coach so I can get some expert help.
I look forward to helping others some day with this disease.
Warm regards, Paul
Attabeth
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Introduction

Post by Attabeth »

HMan1234 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 am Hi Everyone,
My name is Paul and I am a new member of this forum.
I am 61 years old and have a grandfather and mother both of whom have suffered from AD.
About 12 years ago I did some genetic testing to find out my situation and discovered I was APO E3/4.
It was frightening and I was not aware of any protocols until I came across Dr. Bredesen's book recently.
So I just learned how to live with it and did my best at taking good care of myself (Exercise, diet, stimulation, etc.)
Now that there is hope of being able to deal with it it is like I am pulling it out of the closet once again and I am finding it anxiety producing.
No problem! Lots of great stories of folks here who are taking this head on and making great progress.....you are an inspiration!
My next step is to find a coach so I can get some expert help.
I look forward to helping others some day with this disease.
Warm regards, Paul
Hi Paul,

I am so glad that you found this site and happy to hear that you are finding inspiration here. It sounds like you know how important learning and taking great care of yourself is for having the best possible future health. It is also helpful to have a community to share what we learn and to have others to lean on for support and inspiration. Since you are new here I'd like to point you to some links that might be helpful as you explore further. The Primer includes researched-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips and tricks to navigate the site include the How-to Guide. This guide is a great resource I found helpful when I started posting. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response. It really helps to keep the conversation going.

If you would like to tell us more about yourself or interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

You must be a very compassionate person to plan on helping others with this disease. It is so good to have you as part of this community and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Please reach out with any questions.

Be well,
Beth
HMan1234
New User
New User

Re: Introduction

Post by HMan1234 »

Thanks very much for your message Beth. I really appreciate the openness and caring shown by yourself and the other members I have come into contact with. I will definitely follow-up on your suggestions.