Dr. Dan LaPerriere MD, Louisville (Boulder), CO, Functional Medicine and Bredesen ReCode

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
Kitty
Contributor
Contributor

Dr. Dan LaPerriere MD, Louisville (Boulder), CO, Functional Medicine and Bredesen ReCode

Post by Kitty »

Dr. Dan is a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician, a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and a certified practitioner in the Bredesen Protocol. He is a Medicare provider, super knowledgeable, and fun and easy to work with. He keeps the cost of care in mind in his choices of labs and supplements, always looking for top quality at reasonable prices. He is a natural medical detective with a tremendous ability to see the patterns and potentials in information from interviews and genetic and diagnostic tests. His concierge practice is located in the Boulder, Colorado area and he works via telemedicine with people all over the world.
His website is http://cocfm.com
The difference he has made in our lives in just 6 months is amazing. My husband was withdrawn, confused and right on the borderline between MCI and full dementia when we found Dr. Dan. Today he is aware, alert, and doing the things he enjoys and finds meaning in. He still has a lot of healing work ahead to continue his improvement. And, Dr. Dan is guiding and celebrating each step on this journey with us.
We are so very happy to encourage you to contact Dr. Dan LaPerriere MD and see if he might be the medical partner you are looking for to guide your journey.
Theresa.J
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Dan LaPerriere MD, Louisville (Boulder), CO, Functional Medicine and Bredesen ReCode

Post by Theresa.J »

Kitty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:20 pm Dr. Dan is a Board Certified Family Medicine Physician, a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and a certified practitioner in the Bredesen Protocol. He is a Medicare provider, super knowledgeable, and fun and easy to work with. He keeps the cost of care in mind in his choices of labs and supplements, always looking for top quality at reasonable prices. He is a natural medical detective with a tremendous ability to see the patterns and potentials in information from interviews and genetic and diagnostic tests. His concierge practice is located in the Boulder, Colorado area and he works via telemedicine with people all over the world.
His website is http://cocfm.com
The difference he has made in our lives in just 6 months is amazing. My husband was withdrawn, confused and right on the borderline between MCI and full dementia when we found Dr. Dan. Today he is aware, alert, and doing the things he enjoys and finds meaning in. He still has a lot of healing work ahead to continue his improvement. And, Dr. Dan is guiding and celebrating each step on this journey with us.
We are so very happy to encourage you to contact Dr. Dan LaPerriere MD and see if he might be the medical partner you are looking for to guide your journey.
Welcome, Kitty!
As a Support Team intern, I would like to welcome you the ApoE4.info website. I'm so glad that you found us!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Dr. Dan LaPerriere. It is so wonderful to read about your husband's significant improvement these past 6 months. I am sure your story will provide hope and encouragement to other members on this site!

While you may already be familiar with other areas of the ApoE4.Info site, I'd like to point you in the direction of several tools/resources to help you get the most out of your experience here:

First, if would like to learn more about ApoE4, the Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

In addition, the How to Guide offers tips on how to navigate forums and respond to posts including how to quote members (use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post) so they get an email notification of your post. It also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics, and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

Finally, if you would like to learn more about other community members' experiences or even share your own, you can link to Our Stories.

I hope you find these tools useful as you navigate the site. And thank you again for your helpful contribution!

Warmly,
Theresa
Theresa.J, MPH
ApoE4.info Support Team Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Kitty
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Dan LaPerriere MD, Louisville (Boulder), CO, Functional Medicine and Bredesen ReCode

Post by Kitty »

Theresa, thanks for suggesting the Primer. It is great to find such a readable and comprehensive discussion of the AD journey, especially since it is from the perspective of someone who is living it. I know I will be a much better forum member after I've read the 'How to Guide'. Kitty
Morazan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Morazan »

Hi Kitty, can you update your review of Dr. LaPerriere? Has your husband continued to see him, and to improve / maintain his good health and mood? Do you meet with the doctor in person or via Tele health? What, specifically, has been helpful — Prescriptions? Blood tests? Supplements? Execise? Diet changes? Do you pay a monthly fee, or by appointment? I ask because I’m Apoe4x2 and he seems to be the nearest practitioner to where I live. Thanks.
Kitty
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kitty »

Hi Morazan, Yes, my husband continues to see Dr. LaPerriere. After my original post we began addressing mycotoxin exposure with herbs and then with Itraconozole when the herbs didn't get the full job done. We will retest next week to see if the Itraconozole succeeded in relieving the mold burden. This has been difficult; and my husband's symptoms became more pronounced. He is on lots of support supplementation and binders now and his symptoms are lessening again. It's a challenging and long-term process of unwinding all the contributors. Dr. Dan has been really helpful, knowledgable and flexible in searching with us for the right balance to avoid setbacks while really treating the cause of the issues. We live a little over an hour from Dr. Dan's office. We've tried ZOOM meetings and in person meetings. ZOOM works fine, but we've discovered that in office visits are our favorite. Many of his patients use ZOOM exclusively because they don't live in the area. Prescriptions haven't played a big part in this journey, though Itraconozole is a prescription medicine. About every 3 months blood is drawn and the results evaluated and discussed with us so we can see improvements and identify areas that need more work. My husband is on a lot of supplements. These were likely a part of his early improvement because he had a good number of trophic factor deficiencies noted in his initial bloodwork. Exercise is a very important component in the protocol. We just keep discovering that we can do more and better with this aspect of the program. We have been fortunate in that the transition to the clean, plant based, ketogenic diet has been pretty easy to embrace. My husband's genetics are ApoE 3/4, so we have really learned to minimize saturated fats (butter, coconut oil, etc) and focus on high polyphenol extra virgin olive oil for sauces and glyphosate tested avocado oil for cooking. There is an annual concierge fee which is quite reasonable compared to other concierge practices; and can be paid as a lump sum or in monthly installments. I hope I've answered your questions and given you the information you need to make the right decision for you. We are all different and what works for one doesn't always work for the other. I can say again, though, that we are very pleased with Dr. LaPerriere.