Saliva testing for inflammatio

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
barbS
Contributor
Contributor

Saliva testing for inflammatio

Post by barbS »

https://salimetrics.com/sbb-salivary-bi ... lammation/

Any at home kits available? Labs that allow patient order?

I never heard of these until I saw Dr. E. Goulder of Ohio for my followup on carotid scan
I am at 66 years, and I am 66 years old. Whew.
He is Dr. Bredesen certified cardiac surgeon.
This test was listed on a care program I was given.
I cannot afford even the basic plan fees, but I cannot find much info on the test.
:?:
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Saliva testing for inflammatio

Post by floramaria »

barbS wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:59 pm https://salimetrics.com/sbb-salivary-bi ... lammation/

Any at home kits available? Labs that allow patient order?

I never heard of these until I saw Dr. E. Goulder of Ohio for my followup on carotid scan
I am at 66 years, and I am 66 years old. Whew.
He is Dr. Bredesen certified cardiac surgeon.
This test was listed on a care program I was given.
I cannot afford even the basic plan fees, but I cannot find much info on the test.
:?:
Hi barbS, I haven’t heard of the saliva test for inflammatory markers until I read your post.
You can get a lot of biomarkers for inflammation tested in blood, which the salimetrics site acknowledges.
Many of them, like high sensitivity c reactive protein (hsCRP) and homocysteine are standard tests and usually covered by insurance. Albumin:Globulin is also part of most physicals. Another marker is Omega6: Omega 3 .
You probably don’t need to go to the expense of the salimetrics test to get a good sense of your level of inflammation.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health