Dr. Richard Isaacson - FAU Center for Brain Health

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
vsanthony
Contributor
Contributor

Dr. Richard Isaacson - FAU Center for Brain Health

Post by vsanthony »

Hi all, does anyone know the status of Florida Atlantic University's new Center for Brain Health at the Schmidt College of Medicine in Boca Raton? I believe it was due to open this year but I can't seem to get much information other than that. It's my understanding that Dr. Isaacson left Weill Cornell to direct the new center.
Vicky, wife of Phil who is ε3/ε4 and has hereditary hemochromatosis.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Dr. Richard Isaacson - FAU Center for Brain Health

Post by NF52 »

vsanthony wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:33 am Hi all, does anyone know the status of Florida Atlantic University's new Center for Brain Health at the Schmidt College of Medicine in Boca Raton? I believe it was due to open this year but I can't seem to get much information other than that. It's my understanding that Dr. Isaacson left Weill Cornell to direct the new center.
It seems that they are running a bit late on their expected "second quarter 2022" opening. Here's a link to their site where you can request information or an appointment: https://www.faumedicine.org/alz/appointments.php.

It notes that they are "experiencing high volumes of inquiry". The link also has information about the online Prevention course, which I assume is similar to one he pioneered in NYC. Good luck! Feel free to let us know of your experience there if you see him or someone in their center.
4/4 and still an optimist!
vsanthony
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Richard Isaacson - FAU Center for Brain Health

Post by vsanthony »

Yes, I've "signed up" for info but am impatient, patience has never been my strong point! Hoping they'll get going this winter...Thanks!
Vicky, wife of Phil who is ε3/ε4 and has hereditary hemochromatosis.