Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
RuthKen
New User
New User

Post by RuthKen »

Hello all – so thankful I found your site. What a wealth of information, insight, and best practices. I am relatively new to this journey (found out I am a 4/4 a few months ago). I am now working with a functional medicine practitioner/coach – whom I learned about via this forum. I am on a mission to limit my risk of decline with significant/sustained lifestyle changes. Just wanted to introduce myself after joining in September and, again, thank you for all you do.
Alexia C
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New Member

Post by Alexia C »

RuthKen wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:16 pm Hello all – so thankful I found your site. What a wealth of information, insight, and best practices. I am relatively new to this journey (found out I am a 4/4 a few months ago). I am now working with a functional medicine practitioner/coach – whom I learned about via this forum. I am on a mission to limit my risk of decline with significant/sustained lifestyle changes. Just wanted to introduce myself after joining in September and, again, thank you for all you do.
Hello RuthKen,

Welcome to our forum!

I am so glad you have joined and posted your thoughts. We are here to support your with your health journey and your inquiries. Finding out you are a 4/4 can be overwhelming and the more informed you are, the more you will become aware that there is much you can do to prevent AD. You are already taking action to limit your risk as you are working with a functional medicine practitioner/coach and are already incorporating significant lifestyle changes. I admire your courage and determination!!

As you mention, there is a wealth of information, insights and best practices in this forum. As a welcome intern, I would like to point out some resources that you might find useful. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

In addition, the How-To Guide offers tips on how to navigate forums, including how to quote members when you respond to posts so they get an email notification of your post (use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post). This guide also shows you how to use the search function and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

If you would like to tell us more about yourself or are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories. You might find members with similar experiences to yours.

Again, thank you for joining our forum. Members like you, with your input and shared experiences, continually enrich our community.

Please feel free to reach out with any other concerns or inquiries.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

With gratitude,

Alexia C
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach