Fresh Avocados vs. Frozen

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Fresh Avocados vs. Frozen

Post by Richard McG »

OK must be me but when I put in frozen avocados say from Costco or Wholly Guacamole into my Cronometer https://cronometer.com/ the results are weird. It seems that FRESH avocados have significantly more nutrients than frozen?
I double checked my data......am I missing something Shouldn't frozen be almost the same as fresh?
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
Clarag4
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fresh Avocados vs. Frozen

Post by Clarag4 »

Avocados that have been frozen usually last three to six months. I don't enjoy using them in salads or slicing them for avocado toast when they are frozen because the finished texture is not as creamy as the fresh fruit. However, it tastes fantastic in smoothies, on toast with mashed avocado, and in killer guacamole.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Richard McG wrote:OK must be me but when I put in frozen avocados say from Costco or Wholly Guacamole into my Cronometer https://cronometer.com/ the results are weird. It seems that FRESH avocados have significantly more nutrients than frozen?
I double checked my data......am I missing something Shouldn't frozen be almost the same as fresh?
Clarag4 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:09 am Avocados that have been frozen usually last three to six months. I don't enjoy using them in salads or slicing them for avocado toast when they are frozen because the finished texture is not as creamy as the fresh fruit. However, it tastes fantastic in smoothies, on toast with mashed avocado, and in killer guacamole.
Hi Clarag4,

I'm one of the Moderators on the forum and wanted to share a tip from our How-to Wiki on How to quote a post. Clicking on the quote icon in the upper right corner of their post brings their post over in a text box on an editing page. You can then add your comments and hit "Submit" Your reply is posted with their post in the text box and they get an email notifying them of your reply, with a link. I've done that here so Richard McG sees your reply.

Thanks for adding to the discussion!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Thanks, friends, for the update.
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
Clarag4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Clarag4 »

NF52 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:44 am
Richard McG wrote:OK must be me but when I put in frozen avocados say from Costco or Wholly Guacamole into my Cronometer https://cronometer.com/ the results are weird. It seems that FRESH avocados have significantly more nutrients than frozen?
Clarag4 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:09 am Avocados that have been frozen usually last three to six months. I don't enjoy using them in salads or slicing them for avocado toast when they are frozen because the finished texture is not as creamy as the fresh fruit. However, it tastes fantastic in smoothies, on toast with mashed avocado, and in killer guacamole.
Hi Clarag4,

I'm one of the Moderators on the forum and wanted to share a tip from our How-to Wiki on How to quote a post. Clicking on the quote icon in the upper right corner of their post brings their post over in a text box on an editing page. You can then add your comments and hit "Submit" Your reply is posted with their post in the text box and they get an email notifying them of your reply, with a link. I've done that here so Richard McG sees your reply.

Thanks for adding to the discussion!
Thanks moderator for the guideline