Methylene Blue AD Cure Celebration Thread!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Methylene Blue AD Cure Celebration Thread!

Post by Tincup »

floramaria wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:51 pm Hi Tincup, How did MB affect your nutrient metals? Have you been able to rebalance them?
When I have a moment, I'll redact and post the hair analyses. I haven't really tried rebalancing yet. I figured I'd let time take its course and test again and you can't redo hair tests that frequently. They aren't awful, but calcium and magnesium are both high again, now. I consume buckets of mag and very little calcium. The iodine did raise, TSH, but that is expected for some months. This is because the thyroid calls for more sodium iodine symporters to get iodine in the thyroid. My T3 & T4 are in range. The upshot of the iodine is I think I'm getting the benefit of the organic iodine rhythm med, amiodarone, for my afib without the negatives as I've tried to follow the guides on iodine repletion using mineral iodine.

Methylene blue is messy as those who play with it know (it is a wonderful dye!). I learned from Dr. Gonzalez-Lima that ascorbic acid powder is a great way to clean up the mess (though I try to be very careful). Also learned that consuming it through a straw will limit mouth & teeth staining, though I haven't bothered with that, yet.
Tincup
E3,E4
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Tincup wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:08 pm
floramaria wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:51 pm Hi Tincup, How did MB affect your nutrient metals? Have you been able to rebalance them?
When I have a moment, I'll redact and post the hair analyses. I haven't really tried rebalancing yet. I figured I'd let time take its course and test again and you can't redo hair tests that frequently. They aren't awful, but calcium and magnesium are both high again, now. I consume buckets of mag and very little calcium. The iodine did raise, TSH, but that is expected for some months. This is because the thyroid calls for more sodium iodine symporters to get iodine in the thyroid. My T3 & T4 are in range. The upshot of the iodine is I think I'm getting the benefit of the organic iodine rhythm med, amiodarone, for my afib without the negatives as I've tried to follow the guides on iodine repletion using mineral iodine.

Methylene blue is messy as those who play with it know (it is a wonderful dye!). I learned from Dr. Gonzalez-Lima that ascorbic acid powder is a great way to clean up the mess (though I try to be very careful). Also learned that consuming it through a straw will limit mouth & teeth staining, though I haven't bothered with that, yet.
That's interesting. Thanks!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Sorry everyone I can not find the Lucidity Countdown clock.

Here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/p ... nt=cursive

I am not sure that we will have the same live video, published article and slide deck as with Clarity.
Really great Clarity presentation last night.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

I hope that taurx makes it a priority to upload the slide deck for the CTAD presentation to their website or elsewhere as soon as possible. There are legitimate open questions that need to be resolved with the interpretation of the Lucidity trial (given the problem with a treatment effect in the placebo arm). It is of great importance that these issues can be broadly discussed in the public arena.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Super-awesome!

taurx apparently is preparing to file LMTM in the US, UK and elsewhere!
https://taurx.com/news-insights/taurxs- ... disease-ad

93% reduction of NfL on treatment versus placebo!!!
NfL measures neurodegeneration.
When AD brains neurodegenerate, NfL is right there.

Amyloid is a biomarker for AD pathology.
It is somewhat upstream of the actual neurodegenerative process.

NfL is proximal to the neurodegenerative process.
Essentially NfL IS Alzheimer's.
If LMTM were granted accelerated approval on the basis of NfL, then the confusing part would
be that NfL is not really so much a biomarker but a direct measure of AD neuropathology.
Aspirin time.

This could be going the accelerated approval route with the FDA.
Buy up your aspirin this could be another 3 aspirin migraine to figure out.

From what I understand taurx missed on the prespecified topline of Lucidity because of an active treatment placebo.
I am thinking another ADCOM (yes, probably); chair throwing? (certainly on the table).
Could be interesting.

Combining LMTM and mab could be a truly massive advance for AD clinical medicine.
Shut off the amyloid driver and then reverse the downstream tau/NfL pathology.
Solving Alzheimer's really could be that easy.

It is hard not to call that a CURE.
The line-up starts here.

Is anyone taking MG/LMTM along with an NfL blood test?
That would be an amazing biohack to see how that works.
1. Get a baseline NfL plasma test.
2. Do some online cognitive testing.
3. Dose up with MB/LMTM for 2-3 months (etc.).
4. Get another NfL plasma test.
That would be truly awesome if change in NfL related to change in cognition.

Methylene blue/Methylene white could potentially lower NfL levels in a presymptomatic or AD patient as found in the taurx trials. I mean you basically could use the NfL as a biomarker for stopping amyloid cognitive impairment.
That is a compelling DIY home experiment.
KathleenC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KathleenC »

Following...
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Quick question. Everyone seems to be speaking about taking MB as liquid drops. Is there some reason that is escaping me as to why one couldn't just put the right amount of powder into a capsule and pop the capsule? I have an accurate milligram scale, and lots of capsules.

Thanks,
Brian
ε4/ε4 (for now).
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Brian4 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm Quick question. Everyone seems to be speaking about taking MB as liquid drops. Is there some reason that is escaping me as to why one couldn't just put the right amount of powder into a capsule and pop the capsule? I have an accurate milligram scale, and lots of capsules.
Per Dr. Gonzalez-Lima - his team has MB compounded with ascorbic acid. To mimic this, I put a tsp of ascorbic acid in water, then put my mL of liquid, stir and let sit till it goes mostly clear to create leuco MB. I've not used powder, but the dried liquid falls out of the top of my bottle when I open it. They are so small I don't see them. I do this over a stainless steel sink. When water is put in the sink, the dried MB rehydrates & if I don't see it, it will get on plates or glasses and go everywhere. Thankfully ascorbic acid does a good job for clean up. I would think the powder would be a pain to dose in mg as a powder and could also go everywhere! Yes you can do it with an mg scale (I have one). Reading about folks who purchase powder seem to dissolve a given amount in water in a bottle, then use that to dose with a mL syringe for X days.
Tincup
E3,E4
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

T, thanks. That's what I thought.

I confess my kitchen is filled with blue stains, but I think I now know how to put the powder in capsules carefully. It seems like the easiest approach, for me at least.

My next question is about getting non-contaminated MB. This was helpful:

ε4/ε4 (for now).
KathleenC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KathleenC »

Brian4 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:00 am T, thanks. That's what I thought.

I confess my kitchen is filled with blue stains, but I think I now know how to put the powder in capsules carefully. It seems like the easiest approach, for me at least.

My next question is about getting non-contaminated MB. This was helpful:

Do you think buying it from a compounding pharmacy a safe way to buy Methylene Blue? I found a few that sell it with a prescription. I'm interested in taking it but am fearful of compounding it myself.
(1) https://www.cfspharmacy.pharmacy/methyl ... compounded
(2) https://tccompound.com/product/methylene-blue-capsules/