liquid diet

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

liquid diet

Post by JD2020 »

I will have to be on a mostly liquid diet for a couple of weeks. I am asking this very smart, health-conscious group if there are any specific recommendations for a protein powder and a fiber powder. I already have my organic veggie powder. I know it's not ideal, but it is just two weeks. Thanks for any recommendations.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: liquid diet

Post by NF52 »

JD2020 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:57 am I will have to be on a mostly liquid diet for a couple of weeks. I am asking this very smart, health-conscious group if there are any specific recommendations for a protein powder and a fiber powder. I already have my organic veggie powder. I know it's not ideal, but it is just two weeks. Thanks for any recommendations.
I don't have suggestions for protein and fiber powders, but having been on a liquid diet for a week for diverticulitis a dozen years ago, I was specifically told to avoid fiber in liquids during that time. How much fiber you try to include may depend on how your GI system will handle it.
4/4 and still an optimist!
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JD2020 »

NF52 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:06 am I don't have suggestions for protein and fiber powders, but having been on a liquid diet for a week for diverticulitis a dozen years ago, I was specifically told to avoid fiber in liquids during that time. How much fiber you try to include may depend on how your GI system will handle it.
Thanks for the reply. It is nothing that complicated. More oral surgery.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

JD2020 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:11 am
NF52 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:06 am I don't have suggestions for protein and fiber powders, but having been on a liquid diet for a week for diverticulitis a dozen years ago, I was specifically told to avoid fiber in liquids during that time. How much fiber you try to include may depend on how your GI system will handle it.
Thanks for the reply. It is nothing that complicated. More oral surgery.
Hope all goes smoothly-and folks have great suggestions!
4/4 and still an optimist!