cardio iq results-appreciate help with ldl specifically

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
gena
Contributor
Contributor

cardio iq results-appreciate help with ldl specifically

Post by gena »

As I am new to the knowledge that I'm a 3/4, I ordered the cardio-iq panel with inflammation, and the results follow. My inflammation looks fine, but there are two pieces of my ldl profile which look concerning. I've sent the results to my primary care dr. I have resisted being on a statin but now am open to it. I just turned 60, am female, and am not currently on HRT, though that is another thing I have recently asked my doctor for, although I am a little late to it.
I don't eat saturated fat or sugar and haven't for years. (Obv, some may sneak in at restaurants, etc.) I walk 4-5 times a week and do yoga 3-4 times a week currently. My BMI is 22. I am insulin sensitive and usually in mild ketosis per keto-mojo. Fasting glucose averages 80.
Appreciate any thoughts about the low inflammation but high ldl markers, particularly medium LDL, particle number, and small LDL as well as apoB.

chol/HDLC ratio- 3.2
chol total- 193
non HDL- 133
triglycerides- 82
apoliprotein A1- 174
HDL - 60
HDL large- 6586
**ApoB- 95
Direct LDL- 127
**LDL Medium- 429
**LDL Particle Number- 1920
LDL Pattern- A
LDL Peak size- 222.3
***LDL Small- 310
LDL chol- 115
Lipoprotein (a)- 17
HS CRP- 0.6
LP PLA2- 108
Homocysteine- 7

I had a cardiac calcium test done five years ago and scored 0, but my battle with cholesterol started post menopause, so it might have been too early.
I am a caregiver to two divorced adult parents in their 80's. My 3/3 mother who is in moderate AD now lives with us. So...I have some stress I am working on.
My questions really are about whether the highlighted numbers are indeed that bad, do statins seem like the appropriate remedy, and would HRT possibly help with those numbers.
I am reading prior posts from the past years every day, but I am overwhelmed with what elevated results are important and then what counteracts and balances those things out, so..... I appreciate any thoughts.
Gena 3/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: cardio iq results-appreciate help with ldl specifically

Post by Julie G »

Kudos on the zero calcium score and for quantifying lipids. I like this older article from Chris Kresser when trying to figure out higher LDL-P: What Causes Elevated LDL Particle Number?
gena
Contributor
Contributor

Re: cardio iq results-appreciate help with ldl specifically

Post by gena »

Julie G wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:09 am Kudos on the zero calcium score and for quantifying lipids. I like this older article from Chris Kresser when trying to figure out higher LDL-P: What Causes Elevated LDL Particle Number?
Julie—Thank you so much for your response and for sharing the article! I think I’m having info overload and need to take a deep breath. The calcium score is five years old, so I’m not sure it’s still the same. Thanks again for the help with LDL-P.
Gena 3/4