Mold Inspector

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
SNazario
New User
New User

Mold Inspector

Post by SNazario »

Hello, We are starting down the road of mold inspection and remediation after an air sample and then ERMI test. We have a 2,000 square foot home in Los Angeles and We Inspect, which is recommended by perhaps the best remediation company, Homecleanse, wants to charge $5500 to $6500 for an inspection. We Inspect just bought out the other two local recommended mold inspection companies, The Mold Guy and CMI.
Can anyone recommend a thorough good inspector that costs less? Or is this really the going rate at this point? I had been told by an Apollo trained coach to expect $2,000 to $2,500.
Thank you! Sonia
Alexia C
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Mold Inspector

Post by Alexia C »

SNazario wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:22 am Hello, We are starting down the road of mold inspection and remediation after an air sample and then ERMI test. We have a 2,000 square foot home in Los Angeles and We Inspect, which is recommended by perhaps the best remediation company, Homecleanse, wants to charge $5500 to $6500 for an inspection. We Inspect just bought out the other two local recommended mold inspection companies, The Mold Guy and CMI.
Can anyone recommend a thorough good inspector that costs less? Or is this really the going rate at this point? I had been told by an Apollo trained coach to expect $2,000 to $2,500.
Thank you! Sonia
Hello Sonia,

Welcome! Thank you for joining our site and posting in our forum. I am sure other members will provide you with some feedback.

As a Support Team Intern, if you would like to explore the site in more detail, I can share several tools/resources to help you get the most out of your experience. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Warmly,

Alexia C
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

SNazario wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:22 am Hello, We are starting down the road of mold inspection and remediation after an air sample and then ERMI test. We have a 2,000 square foot home in Los Angeles and We Inspect, which is recommended by perhaps the best remediation company, Homecleanse, wants to charge $5500 to $6500 for an inspection. We Inspect just bought out the other two local recommended mold inspection companies, The Mold Guy and CMI.
Thank you! Sonia
Hi Sonia,
I can't offer any direct experience with mold remediation, but we do have members who have spent quite a bit of money on both inspection and removal/remediation. In a March 2022 Virtual Book Club, members discussed mold and our Senior Support Staff member JML posted this in the minutes:
JML wrote: Very Helpful Mold Remediation Book (Mold Medic):

Effective Microorganisms (EM) for Home Mold Treatment:
It’s a mix of predominantly anaerobic bacteria in a carbohydrate rich substrate (molasses). This can be sprayed onto surfaces, put in the conditioner dispenser of the washing machine. You can drink it but mostly it is used on surfaces or to soak things in, or to improve soil fertility.
You may also find this conversation from 2018 helpful:
Mold Inspection

I hope some other members will see your very clear topic title and offer their insights.
Feel free to share some more of your story; we learn best from each other!
4/4 and still an optimist!
SNazario
New User
New User

Post by SNazario »

Thank you for the suggestions! The book "The Mold Medic" arrived today, written by Michael Rubino, who founded Homecleanse, the firm that I hear provides the gold standard in remediation but is also the most expensive. Digging into the slim book tonight. I did see the previous post from 2018, but cannot imagine doing an inspection "virtually." Perhaps I am missing something, but the point after doing an ERMI test and seeing you have a definite problem is to identify the sources of the problem. That involves testing your HVAC system, drilling holes in walls to collect samples inside, focusing on places where there has been past water damage. I'm unclear on how someone can do that effectively "virtually." But I promise to provide more details as I go down this road. This whole field of inspection and remediation of mold--even in the judgement of its best practitioners--is a bit of the wild west. There's a lot of folks who don't know what they are doing, and a lot of clients who do one inspection, and remediate, and then have to start all over because both efforts were botched. Any advice about great inspectors and remediators is appreciated!