Effective hydrogen donor that can treat Alzheimer's disease?!?!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Maria4/4
Contributor
Contributor

Effective hydrogen donor that can treat Alzheimer's disease?!?!

Post by Maria4/4 »

Hi everyone!

I just saw this article and it sounds too good to be true… but, has anyone tried this water?
I guess it could do no harm to try it…

“ In addition, hydrogen-rich water improved brain energy metabolism disorders and intestinal flora imbalances and reduced inflammatory reactions. These findings suggest that hydrogen-rich water is an effective hydrogen donor that can treat Alzheimer's disease. “

Full study (mice)
https://journals.lww.com/nrronline/Full ... al.38.aspx

Another study (in humans)
“We found that HW treatment significantly decrease the serum level of AD biomarker (Aβ- 40) during 6 month of treatment. In parallel, pro and anti-inflammatory cytokines were significantly inhibited in experimental group than control group. In line, macrophage activated TH1 cytokine, Th2 cytokines and ROS level were significantly decreased in HW than PW group. Likewise, HW treatment shows reduction in nitric oxide level than control group. Overall our clinical results strongly recommended that drinking hydrogen water might be a promising preventative approach for age-related neurodegenerative disease like AD”

Full text
https://m.earticle.net/Article/A314386

Maria 4/4
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Effective hydrogen donor that can treat Alzheimer's disease?!?!

Post by J11 »

Maria, yes, I have bought a few of these inexpensive hydrogen water makers. I had thought that the water was more about being a strong anti-oxidant. After all of my reading into AD through time, I have become to realize how so many of these same core set of treatments seem to cure almost everything (e.g., methylene blue, curcumin, etc.).

This could be a good thread to clarify what the needed dosing might be, etc. for hydrogen therapy. Another cure all in the water category might be deuterium depleted water; perhaps even that one has anti-AD properties. I have my hydrogen generators handy (though they have been inactive for a while). If we develop this idea I could dust them off and make some hydrogen. I bought a unit that makes hydrogen water, and another that makes hydrogen gas that you can inhale. I am not sure which is best. I am also unsure whether it is best to use distilled water instead of tap water in these machines.