Well isn’t this website just great…

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Well isn’t this website just great…

Post by Tincup »

TCHC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:24 am I'm not sure how to put it in here, as it's a jpg file.
Using the Full Editor & Preview here (automatically comes up when you quote a post), look below the typing window & you'll see two tabs: Options & Attachments. Click on Attachments, then Add files. You can upload a .jpg file here.

Then click on Place inline. You'll get the filename surrounded by attachment tags, like this
[ attachment=0]IMG_4657.JPG[ /attachment] I've added spaces after the [ so you can see the example, when you don't add the spaces, this text with the filename won't show up to others after you press Submit. (This is a photo of my outdoor cold plunge, I'm just using as an example image for demonstration.) You can cut & paste the filename surrounded by attachment tags to place it where you want it in your post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

RichRobard wrote:a) not losing too much weight - presumably this will tail off a bit?
Sustainable is definitely the key.

I'd like to encourage you to keep a close watch on your weight. We're all unique in dietary needs to maintain weight. There are some of us here who dropped to really low weights on keto over longer periods of the following "standard" keto percentages, and from my experience, it was hard to be active and regain weight unless I added a higher percentage of carbs and protein. For me, more healthy fats didn't work to gain weight. Maybe set a target weight and don't let yourself get any lower.

So, my advice would be to shoot for slightly lower ketone levels and don't worry about them as much until you find your dietary groove that allows you to be weight stable and have decent athletic performance. Because you are active, you likely can tolerate more carbs and protein, and still be in mild ketosis.
Last edited by SusanJ on Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCHC »

IMG_1483.jpeg
TCHC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:24 am Oh, sorry, and for the not losing too much weight... the first week you do lose lots of water weight, so the weight loss does tail off. But you can always eat more healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocados) to stop the weight loss.
And... are you replacing your electrolytes - that might be having an impact too on the loss of energy.
I've got a great "mug bread" recipe that is really calorific and satisfying, that I get all my clients on if they really don't need to lose any weight.
I'm not sure how to put it in here, as it's a jpg file. I'll try the private message function to see if you can attach files there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TCHC »

Tincup wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:44 am
TCHC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:24 am I'm not sure how to put it in here, as it's a jpg file.
Using the Full Editor & Preview here (automatically comes up when you quote a post), look below the typing window & you'll see two tabs: Options & Attachments. Click on Attachments, then Add files. You can upload a .jpg file here.

Then click on Place inline. You'll get the filename surrounded by attachment tags, like this
[ attachment=0]IMG_4657.JPG[ /attachment] I've added spaces after the [ so you can see the example, when you don't add the spaces, this text with the filename won't show up to others after you press Submit. (This is a photo of my outdoor cold plunge, I'm just using as an example image for demonstration.) You can cut & paste the filename surrounded by attachment tags to place it where you want it in your post.
Thanks for that - I did it! Twice by accident, but hey ho!
Lindsey
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

TCHC wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:27 am Thanks for that - I did it! Twice by accident, but hey ho!
Success! Wonderful!

I used my Mod powers to edit your post and remove the duplicate. You may have clicked "Place Inline" twice.
Tincup
E3,E4