Dr. Richard Isaacson

Share our experiences, one topic per practitioner.
Twin517
Contributor
Contributor

Dr. Richard Isaacson

Post by Twin517 »

Hello - new to the group. Does anyone know where Dr Richard Isaacson is practicing? I thought he had joined Florida Atlantic but when I search for him, it seems he’s no longer there. Thanks!
abalboa
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dr. Richard Isaacson

Post by abalboa »

Twin517 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:06 pm Hello - new to the group. Does anyone know where Dr Richard Isaacson is practicing? I thought he had joined Florida Atlantic but when I search for him, it seems he’s no longer there. Thanks!
Welcome Twin517,

Thank you for joining our site and posting in the forum. This 2022 link below may be of interest to you and indicates Dr Richardson was affiliated with Florida Atlantic University's Medical School's Alzheimer's research and prevention clinic last year: Focusing on the Future of Neurology at IFN 2022: Richard Isaacson, MD

However, a search of the FAU directory does not come up with his name in any current activity, so he may not be currently practicing there.

You might get more relevant information from other users by sharing a little more about yourself and what information you are specifically looking for. Are you possibly searching for a memory evaluation or for prevention? Dr. Isaacson has written The Alzheimer's Prevention & Treatment Diet: Using Nutrition to Combat the Effects of Alzheimer’s Disease if this might be helpful to you.

Additionally, as a Support Team Intern, I can share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience if you would like to explore the site in more detail. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Please feel free to reach out anytime if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Warmly,
Angie
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach-FMCA
RECODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
APOE4 aware health coach
MoCA Certification
BS Human Nutrition
Twin517
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Twin517 »

Thank you for your reply and help, Angie.
I recently discovered I am a 4/4 through 23&me, along with my sisters (one being my identical twin). We are now on this journey and have found this site to be incredibly helpful, albeit a little overwhelming. We are all in our mid 40’s and have led relatively healthy adult lives so now we are just tweaking our diets and exercise based on the research we’ve done so far. Ideally we would all love to be patients of a prevention clinic where we can be evaluated and followed. Which brings me to my search for Dr. Isaacson. We love his approach and would be very interested to hopefully, one day, be his patients or at least speak to him about our situations. Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations for other prevention clinics we would love to hear their experiences.

Thank you!
abalboa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abalboa »

Twin517 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 am Thank you for your reply and help, Angie.
I recently discovered I am a 4/4 through 23&me, along with my sisters (one being my identical twin). We are now on this journey and have found this site to be incredibly helpful, albeit a little overwhelming. We are all in our mid 40’s and have led relatively healthy adult lives so now we are just tweaking our diets and exercise based on the research we’ve done so far. Ideally we would all love to be patients of a prevention clinic where we can be evaluated and followed. Which brings me to my search for Dr. Isaacson. We love his approach and would be very interested to hopefully, one day, be his patients or at least speak to him about our situations. Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations for other prevention clinics we would love to hear their experiences.

Thank you!
Your very welcome. The links I sent you will help in navigating the site and once you've had a little time to explore, it becomes much less overwhelming! One tip for your search might be to explore the wiki page which has a link to APOE4 aware practitioners. apoe4 aware practitioners I'm glad you've found this site... there is so much great knowledge on prevention. I personally got a lot of information from Dr Bredesens' book "The End of Alzheimer's" that has been very helpful.
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach-FMCA
RECODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
APOE4 aware health coach
MoCA Certification
BS Human Nutrition
hopingforthebest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hopingforthebest »

Hi,
This is my first time posting as well but I saw this post and was interested because I am also looking for Dr. Isaacson! I saw him at the Weill Cornell Alzheimer's prevention clinic for 5 years (I was one of the subjects in one of the studies he published!) and when he left I also tried to follow him to FAU but was initially told he's not accepting patients yet and now he no longer seems to be there. I thought he was great and I would have traveled to see him once or twice a year (I live near NYC) if that had been an option.
I just heard from Weill Cornell that they now have Dr. Matthew Fink, who is Chair of the Neurology Department, seeing patients in the Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic. Unfortunately they are no longer accepting insurance and the fee for the assessment (which includes cog testing as well as a 1 hr consultation) is $1700. I'm not against paying out of pocket for this but if I'm going to do that I'd rather see someone with a lot of dementia-prevention specific experience (it seems Dr. Fink's interests have been focused on stroke and critical care, at least from what I can find online).
I'm planning to look through the ApoE site in search of another physician who can continue to guide me but if you hear of anyone please let me know. And if I discover where Dr. Isaacson is practicing I will post here!
Good luck!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

hopingforthebest wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:43 pm And if I discover where Dr. Isaacson is practicing I will post here!
Perhaps here as Director of Brain Health at Atria Institute?
Tincup
E3,E4
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jane S »

hopingforthebest wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:43 pm Hi,
This is my first time posting as well but I saw this post and was interested because I am also looking for Dr. Isaacson! I saw him at the Weill Cornell Alzheimer's prevention clinic for 5 years (I was one of the subjects in one of the studies he published!) and when he left I also tried to follow him to FAU but was initially told he's not accepting patients yet and now he no longer seems to be there. I thought he was great and I would have traveled to see him once or twice a year (I live near NYC) if that had been an option.
I just heard from Weill Cornell that they now have Dr. Matthew Fink, who is Chair of the Neurology Department, seeing patients in the Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic. Unfortunately they are no longer accepting insurance and the fee for the assessment (which includes cog testing as well as a 1 hr consultation) is $1700. I'm not against paying out of pocket for this but if I'm going to do that I'd rather see someone with a lot of dementia-prevention specific experience (it seems Dr. Fink's interests have been focused on stroke and critical care, at least from what I can find online).
I'm planning to look through the ApoE site in search of another physician who can continue to guide me but if you hear of anyone please let me know. And if I discover where Dr. Isaacson is practicing I will post here!
Good luck!
Hello hopingforthebest,

If Tincup's link doesn't get you what you need, you can search the resources here: 10.5 Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner

As a Support Team Intern, I'd like to welcome you to the forum. I'll share more tools/resources you can use to explore the site, helping you get the most out of your experience.

The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

If you are interested in learning more about other members, you can check out Our Stories. . Maybe you'll share a bit about what brings you here.

I'm so glad you joined and started posting on the forum. The wealth of information on the site and in the knowledge of participants is absolutely amazing. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Warmly,

Jane
-- Jane --
(daughter, granddaughter, and niece of people who lived with Alzheimer's)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
hopingforthebest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hopingforthebest »

Thanks! I will check out all that information!
Friday55
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Friday55 »

As an earlier poster indicated, Dr. Isaacson is now the director of brain health at the Atria Institute in New York. I inquired about seeing him, and learned that in order to become a patient at the institute, one must pay $60,000 (plus a $30,000 one-time initiation fee).
Twin517
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Twin517 »

Thank you for this update. I guess I’ll just watch his videos 😂.
Would anyone know of a doctor in the lower NY area that follows his prevention protocols? I am currently on the waitlist at the Weil Cornell prevention clinic. Thank you!