Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Post by JML »

Vuke wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:01 am Does this still have book club focus or more general? We really enjoyed reading what the proposed structure was in 2020. If similar, we are interested in April 1!
We have morphed into a more general Meet-up group. However, we do discuss all things ApoE4 and brain health/cardiovascular health. If you have a topic from the book that you would like to discuss, that is fair game!

I will send you a private message (see the envelope icon in the upper right corner) to request your email--if you would like to join us--I'll send the zoom link.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
LeahinTexas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LeahinTexas »

Beegee wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 am
JML wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:39 pm Good to see so many at the vitual Meet-up on Saturday! Here are some of the resources and topics we discussed:
The next virtual meet-up will be in March. Date to be announced. Watch this thread for more info. All are welcome.
Once again, thank you for organizing this meeting. This is my life line :)
I made a comment about the micronutrients and how easy it was to follow the instructions in "The end of Alzheimer's by Dr Bredesen and Julie (page 190 of the hard copy)
Then I realized that it may be actually difficult for people with impaired memory. So I created a brief document that might be helpful with some screen captures and some tips.
p.s. Apologies for the inconsistent tabs (it's a published Google Word).
Here is it, and see you in March
https://bit.ly/BG_Micronutrients
beegee
beegee, thank you for this document! I want to double check my calculations. I look forward to using your info.

Leah
Beegee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beegee »

JML wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:53 am Dr. Bredesen's new book will be released this week--the "How To" companion to his first book, The End of Alzheimer's.

Anyone interested in joining a virtual book club to discuss the material in the book? I thought it might be nice to have others around to help process all the information!

My thought is to break it into pieces--maybe discuss over 2 or 3 sessions. We could do it on Zoom (video conference).

If you are interested, let me know what times work best for you --mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, weekdays, etc. (and what time zone you are in!).

Thanks!
Julie L
Definitely! I'm in the Easter Time Zone and for me evenings would be the best choice. But this would be impossible for people in other countries, so do what you can and thank you for inviting me.
BeKindToYourMind
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BeKindToYourMind »

JML wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:00 am
Vuke wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:01 am Does this still have book club focus or more general? We really enjoyed reading what the proposed structure was in 2020. If similar, we are interested in April 1!
We have morphed into a more general Meet-up group. However, we do discuss all things ApoE4 and brain health/cardiovascular health. If you have a topic from the book that you would like to discuss, that is fair game!

I will send you a private message (see the envelope icon in the upper right corner) to request your email--if you would like to join us--I'll send the zoom link.
I would also like to join the April meetup. I tried to send a message, but it’s stuck in my ApoE4.info forums Outbox instead of sending. (Why is it doing that??)
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

BeKindToYourMind wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:36 pm I tried to send a message, but it’s stuck in my ApoE4.info forums Outbox instead of sending. (Why is it doing that??)
That is a little indiosyncracy of the platform. Your message stays in your Outbox until the recipient reads it. I just responded and look forward to meeting you at the Meet-up!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
txmusicmama
Contributor
Contributor

Post by txmusicmama »

JML wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:00 am

Hi! I would also like to join the April meet-up! I have been following Dr. Bredesen and this platform for years and just made it this far to see there is a meet-up! I’m so excited!
E4/E4, my Dad diagnosed at 65
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

txmusicmama wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:49 pm Hi! I would also like to join the April meet-up!
I sent you a private message--click on the envelope icon in the upper right corner next to your username. Hope to see you Saturday.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
HvalaALot
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HvalaALot »

Hello! Please may I also join the meetup? I need APOE4 company as everyone in real life just doesn't get it!
GingerGrace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GingerGrace »

HvalaALot wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:21 am Hello! Please may I also join the meetup? I need APOE4 company as everyone in real life just doesn't get it!
Welcome HvalaALot! Thank you for posting in our forum and your interest in a meetup. We are happy you found us and look forward to connecting with you. We welcome you to join any Meet-up that is of interest to you.

As a Welcome Intern, I'd like to officially welcome you to this caring, giving and knowledgeable group. If you would like to explore the site in more detail, I can share several tools/resources to help you get the most out of your experience. I'm glad you have read the primer and found the resource valuable for your circumstances. There are many others so please reach out if you have any specific questions and I will connect you with others to save you time searching.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How to Guide that offers tips on how to navigate forums, including how to quote members when you respond to posts so they get an email notification of your post (tip: use the quotation icon in the upper right of any post). The How to Guide also demonstrates how to use the Search function for topics and how to subscribe to topics of interest in the forums.

The Wiki is another resource full of information that you might helpful.

Finally, if you would like to learn more about other community members' experiences or even continue to share more about your own, feel free to link to Our Stories.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Warmly,

GingerGrace
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

HvalaALot wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:21 am Hello! Please may I also join the meetup? I need APOE4 company as everyone in real life just doesn't get it!
I just sent you a personal message to let you know about how to get the Zoom information. Please click on the envelope icon in the upper right, next to your username. Hope to meet you Saturday!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4