another newbie

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Cindy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: another newbie

Post by Cindy »

JD2020 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:59 pm
Cindy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:10 pm Well, I just lost 2 more lbs -- but I'm at 18.9 now. I guess I feel that I'm doing the best I can but still not in the keto range as much as I'd like but that could also be because I'm running out of fat to burn? I honestly will admit that I'm a little bit confused at this point -- I think it's important to be in keto yet how do I manage that and still eat enough to not lose weight? Thank you for your post and stressing the importance of not losing too much, it's on my radar screen and I guess I just have to work a little harder on this part. Thank you again
I do not have an answer for you. For me, for now, maintaining weight is the priority. I make sure I am getting plenty of healthy fats, but I'm not even measuring ketones for now. I eat good quality food, gallons of olive oil, avocado, A2 organic milk, etc etc, so there is fat available for my body. But...I have added bread and beans and grains. It is the best that I can do, at least for now, and I continue to incorporate other facets of ReCODE.
Thank you -- your feedback is helpful -- I will change course and eat lots of fat and other good-for-you food, but will concentrate more on maintaining than getting into ketosis for now.