Our first guest: Dr. Thomas Dayspring...

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Re: Our first guest: Dr. Thomas Dayspring...

Post by MarcR »

Does the hypothesis that LDL/ApoB causes dementia rely upon the hypothesis that LDL/ApoB causes arteriosclerosis? Essentially, if LDL harms blood vessels, poor circulation will impair the brain? I wonder if anyone is aware of a compelling study that demonstrates dementia causation directly.
anne from california wrote:
grommet
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Our first guest: Dr. Thomas Dayspring...

Post by grommet »

MarcR wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:28 pm Does the hypothesis that LDL/ApoB causes dementia rely upon the hypothesis that LDL/ApoB causes arteriosclerosis? Essentially, if LDL harms blood vessels, poor circulation will impair the brain? I wonder if anyone is aware of a compelling study that demonstrates dementia causation directly.
anne from california wrote:
Dayspring has said many times that “what is good for the heart is good for the brain”, with the caveat that you don’t want to use monster doses of lipophillic statins (he uses the term “gorilla”) which *could* affect cholesterol synthesis in the brain. He recommends hydrophilic statins in those cases (e.g. rosuvastatin), and to measure desmosterol which can be used as a rough proxy for brain cholesterol levels. I think he said the value should be above 1, in whatever unit the assay measures.
Dan
ε4,ε4