Overwhelming anxiety

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
TCHC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Overwhelming anxiety

Post by TCHC »

Hi AllTheFeels

You've had so many good replies and advice on here, I won't repeat, but I do just want to say, please don't give up the nursing place! (if that's where your passion lies). You'll be learning new stuff which is good for the brain and you'll have a sense of purpose in life, which you can't under value.
I do understand that it's all really overwhelming right now, but don't give up on your dreams or on your activity levels. It's all standing you in good stead for the future.

Do keep us up to date with your journey, I'd love to hear how you're getting on

Lindsey
TCHC - Lindsey Byrne - The Cognitive Health Coach - UK
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Certified Re:CODE 2.0 Health Coach
andyh
New User
New User

Post by andyh »

Eat Keto. Eat carnivore. Eat Breseden. Eat anything except carbohydrates (sugar, pasta, flour, bread, ...), and processed food (anything with a label requires checking total carbs). Note a low carb diet requires higher fat consumption. Olive oil and MCT are great. Coconut oil is ok. Do not use ""vegetable" oils. Do not eat fried foods, especially restaurant fried (they use unhealthy soy bean oil).
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

andyh wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:24 am Eat Keto. Eat carnivore. Eat Breseden. Eat anything except carbohydrates (sugar, pasta, flour, bread, ...), and processed food (anything with a label requires checking total carbs). Note a low carb diet requires higher fat consumption. Olive oil and MCT are great. Coconut oil is ok. Do not use ""vegetable" oils. Do not eat fried foods, especially restaurant fried (they use unhealthy soy bean oil).
And your point? Okay, admittedly there's a little bit of snark there, sorry about that. But that’s what this organization (ApoE4.info) and these forums are all about! There are no definitive answers for us APOE4s so we come here! From Our Story
…imagine our distress upon learning that the medical community has arrived at NO consensus on prevention strategies for people with our genetic predisposition. The current advice from experts for E4 carriers is wildly contradictory. We soon learned that we are genetic pioneers, modern day canaries in the coal mine, searching for and testing out strategies. 23andMe provided forums for us to talk with one another, and thus began page after page of contributions from all corners of the globe. We avidly began sharing and examining research, speaking to experts, comparing advice and strategies, challenging long-held notions, conducting n=1 experiments, tracking and sharing biomarkers, and more- all in an effort to find a prevention strategy for E4 carriers. After spending over a year amassing hundreds of pages of information, we realized we were sitting upon a treasure trove that had never been collected in one place. In 2013, in an effort to catalogue and organize our work, https://www.apoe4.info was born.
We formed this organization to share our stories, our research, our N=1 experimentations.

We trust readers to use their own acumen to assess and analyze what is presented to make their own individual decisions. I contend there never will be one answer for all who carry an APOE4 allele, because we are not one huge APOE4, we have other genes, other family history, other epigenetic influences, other cultural backgrounds, etc. We know there are certain ethnic/cultural ApoE4/4s with low incidence of Alzheimer’s.

So it’s okay to be confused. It’s okay to be skeptical. Use it as motivation to learn and share your knowledge with us! Welcome.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
NataliaReyn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NataliaReyn »

andyh wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:24 am Eat Keto. Eat carnivore. Eat Breseden. Eat anything except carbohydrates (sugar, pasta, flour, bread, ...), and processed food (anything with a label requires checking total carbs). Note a low carb diet requires higher fat consumption. Olive oil and MCT are great. Coconut oil is ok. Do not use ""vegetable" oils. Do not eat fried foods, especially restaurant fried (they use unhealthy soy bean oil).
Hello, andyh!

Since it looks like you have joined us very recently, I want to officially welcome you to our site. Happy to have you here!

As a Support Team Intern, I can share several tools/resources to help you get the most out of your experience if you are interested in exploring this site some more. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Two more tips to improve your experience here:
  • If you want to Search for posts on a specific topic, such as nutrition, you can use the text box labeled "Search" right under your user name and enter those specific terms.
  • To be sure a forum member is notified of your post, just click use the large quotation mark icon in the upper right corner of they post.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Warmly,
Natalia
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Bredesen Protocol Health Coach