Surgery, Anesthesia, & Aluminum

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
gardnerrn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Surgery, Anesthesia, & Aluminum

Post by gardnerrn »

Read article. Appreciate your perspective, Jay Ess, Thanks
gardnerrn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gardnerrn »

Thanks NF52...the knee replacement implant materials article from bonesmart.org was very helpful. I have not had any response from Zimmer Biomet re my inquiry about effects of Titanium alloys with aluminum on cognitive health. But my comfort level is increasing with these Titanium alloy implants because there is next to nothing out there pointing to them being harmful, after hundreds of thousands of uses. As Jay Ess said above---no proof implants are completely safe, but data suggests they are at least better than the alternative of not getting any treatment if you need it.
Appreciate everyone's input.
CAngelS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CAngelS »

circular wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:29 pm Hi CAngelS! I missed your message last year and only saw it now that this thread has been resurrected. I had my surgery last spring, and although some gnomes and elves turned it into an unusual odyssey at times, the long term outcome has been good. Thanks for asking.
Those gnomes & elves can be quite pesky, but I'm glad the outcome was good overall! Glad to hear from you:)
"If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?" (Matthew 5:47)