Philadelphia area

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
pure_magic
New User
New User

Philadelphia area

Post by pure_magic »

Anyone in the Philly/New Jersey/Delaware/Maryland area interested in a meet-up?
abalboa
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Philadelphia area

Post by abalboa »

pure_magic wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm Anyone in the Philly/New Jersey/Delaware/Maryland area interested in a meet-up?
Welcome pure_magic,
Thank you for joining our site and posting in the forum! I am certain there will be others members in your area that may have interest in connecting in person and there are multiple virtual meet ups posted as well if you might have interest in those.

As a Support Team Intern, I can share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience if you would like to explore the site in more detail. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. One great tip is using the quote (") button when replying to a post. Using the button will automatically alert the member of your response.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

Again, I am so glad you joined our forum. I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Please feel free to reach out anytime.

Warmly,
Angie
Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach-FMCA
RECODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
APOE4 aware health coach
MoCA Certification
BS Human Nutrition
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

pure_magic wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm Anyone in the Philly/New Jersey/Delaware/Maryland area interested in a meet-up?
Hi from someone who went to college in Philly and still loves the area, although I live further south now. (What's not to love about a place with great colleges, great sports, great pretzels, great history and great people!)

You may want to check out this virtual meet-up to get an idea of the surprising range of interests and ideas among members:
Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

if you're comfortable sharing a bit about your interest in ApoE 4 and any particular approaches you currently follow, you may spark others in the area to reach out.

Nancy
4/4 and still an optimist!
ldallara924
New User
New User

Post by ldallara924 »

Yes, I would love to.

Lou Dallara
TPE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TPE »

ldallara924 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:36 am
Yes, I would love to.

Lou Dallara
Welcome to the site and thank you for initial post!

Although you may already know your way around, as a Support Team Intern, I can share several tools & resources to help you get the most out of your experience here. The Primer is a detailed and informative resource written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4. It includes information about the biochemistry of the ApoE4 gene and offers a variety of research-based prevention strategies.

Some helpful tips to navigate the site include the How-To Guide. It includes topics such as navigating the forum, private messaging, and searching. I see you are already using the quote (") button when replying to a post.

If you are interested in learning more about other members check out Our Stories.

I hope the Philadelphia area meet up is informational and enjoyable. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or to share your story.

Warmly,
Therese
Daughter of Mother living with Vascular Dementia
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
Still learning
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Not in that area, but something you might be interested in for camaraderie is ApoE4's facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/apoe4.info
The posts are available to all whether or not a person has a facebook account. It's become very popular and every day there are posts of encouragement and interest to ApoE4s.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
MELROSEBAY
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MELROSEBAY »

Yes, I'm an ApoE4 in the East Falls section of Philadelphia, near Thomas Jefferson University. I'd love to meet up!

I've written for The Penn Memory Center and Being Patient (https://www.beingpatient.com/voice/apoe4-deborah-fries/) and a column in Terrain.org, not long after learning my status in 2013.

I'm a writer, editor, teacher of creative writing, printmaker, and former government public affairs officer.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

MELROSEBAY wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 am Yes, I'm an ApoE4 in the East Falls section of Philadelphia, near Thomas Jefferson University. I'd love to meet up!

I've written for The Penn Memory Center and Being Patient (https://www.beingpatient.com/voice/apoe4-deborah-fries/) and a column in Terrain.org, not long after learning my status in 2013.

I'm a writer, editor, teacher of creative writing, printmaker, and former government public affairs officer.
Hi pure_magic and MELROSEBAY, I’m part of the Support Team for ApoE4.Info, trying to help the communication flow.

Since pure_magic posted the inquiry about getting together back in May 2023, I am creating this post quoting both of you so that pure_magic will get a notification, see this post, and maybe check in with you, MELROSEBAY.

For future reference, if you are responding directly to a person’s post, it is helpful to use the quotation marks in the upper right hand corner of that post. That way the person you are replying to will know you’ve replied.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
MELROSEBAY
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MELROSEBAY »

Thank you, Floramaria! This site operated a bit differently that others I use. Didn't know about the quotes.!