Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by Tincup »

Had a consult on my 24 hour urine iodine test in this post and the mineral hair analysis (heavy metals shown in this post). The consultant said my body was not holding onto any of the iodine I've been taking. He said this was indicative that my sodium iodide symporters weren't working. In the iodine protocol, I had not been consuming vitamin C as had been told it would interfere with copper absorption (which I was trying to increase). The upshot is he suggested I start consuming C per the protocol. Also to restart the protocol, by halting intake of iodine, do the salt flush as listed in the protocol for two weeks (to mitigate the possibility of bromine issues after I restart the iodine) and then restart taking iodine (as Lugol's solution), starting with 6.5 mg/day for a week, then double to 13 mg/day for a week, then 25 mg/day for a week and top out at 50 mg/day and continue.

He noted that when the protocol is done properly and the iodine gets repleted, I should notice it cognitively. As well, he mentioned that atrial fibrillation (afib) is #5 on the list of why people contact him for starting the iodine protocol. I've had afib for over 19 years. He said that after the iodine gets repleted, my incidence of afib should drop dramatically. It turns out that amiodarone is the most powerful rhythm med for afib and is based on iodine. However, in this form, it can have toxic side effects. With the iodine repletion protocol, should get the same benefit without the toxicity.
Tincup
E3,E4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

Good News ! My husband and I reduced our body burden of aluminum by 40% in the past 2 years by drinking silica rich mineral water. We are now below the Healthy Adult category. My husband is 77 years old and I am 69.
See table below.

These results are incredible as they prove that drinking 4 cups of OSA rich water each day and avoiding dietary aluminum can lower “aluminum accumulation”. This AD biomarker, can be reduced and maintained at levels below that of an average 22-year-old by drinking Silicade daily for 6 years and can be further reduced 40% by drinking Silicade daily for 2 more years. Silicade is a recipe my husband who is a chemist developed for making your own silica water.

We have been drinking silica water for 8 years and did our first test for aluminum 2 years ago. The test is a 24 hour urine test. I will post a link for ordering the test in the US. You have to have a lab near you and some states do not allow you to order tests from this website.

Here are the results for 2021 and 2023
· Total 24-hour urinary aluminum levels in 2021:
· 0.74mmoles/24hr for Dennis
· 0.44mmoles/24hr for Laurie
· 2021 Healthy young adult category
· Total 24-hour urinary aluminum levels in 2023:
· 0.55mmoles/24hr for Dennis
· 0.33mmoles/24hr for Laurie

We also work hard at eliminating sources of aluminum we are exposed to.

Table 4 -24 hour urine.jpg
Dennis and I did not have any noticeable cognitive issues prior to drinking silica water but we have seen improvements in our cognition. Here is a write up by Dennis. "At 77 I have no major medical conditions and I am in shape enough to lead a large group of new parents on a 1 ½ hour 3 mile hike in the woods every week. My skin is still very flexible and my hairdresser commented that my face does not have any wrinkles despite the fact I have a few wrinkles. I have no pain in my joints, hips, and knees. My eyesight is good with no pathology. My brain power remains undiminished as evidenced by the publication of my 4th book this year. Do I attribute this all to drinking silica water for 7 years, no. Silica water is responsible for my continuing to have low blood pressure (both my parents had/have heart disease). Silica water has helped maintain and improve my cognition. My word recall and my ability to retain what I have read and apply it have improved. I also attribute my good health to routine daily aerobic exercise which I have being doing my entire adult life (45 minutes every other day). In the morning I sometimes experience stiffness and for the first few minutes hiking. This has decreased somewhat since starting silica water."

The cognitive changes I noticed from drinking silica water are a “sharper brain”. For example, less word finding problems, less “senior moments” and my thinking is clearer and faster. The biggest surprise was we lost weight. Dennis and I did not consider ourselves needing to loose weight when we started drinking silica water. We lost the weight slowly over a year or so. I am now back to the weight I was in high school. Dennis is back to his weight in college.

Here is a link to anecdotal information on improvements other people have seen from drinking silica water. https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-strok ... lzheimers/

Here is a link with more information on doing a 24 hour urine test for aluminum and how to interpret the results. https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke.blogspot.com/...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks for this information, Laurie. I have a related question for you. I know that you've previously mentioned coffee makers that you and your husband had determined were free from aluminum. I've been using this pour over method but it can be frustratingly slow when making coffee for two who need a quick caffeine fix. Can you please list some other options for us? TIA!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Julie G wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:38 pm Can you please list some other options for us? TIA!
Laurie's husband, Dennis, made this video on the topic 5 year ago. Based on this, we got a Jura Capresso MG 900 maybe 4.5 years ago & it works well. Laurie also posted this PDF on the topic:
coffee makers including emails.pdf
I also brew the coffee with Silicade water for my wife, T (I don't drink coffee).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Julie G wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:38 pm Thanks for this information, Laurie. I have a related question for you. I know that you've previously mentioned coffee makers that you and your husband had determined were free from aluminum. I've been using this pour over method but it can be frustratingly slow when making coffee for two who need a quick caffeine fix. Can you please list some other options for us? TIA!
Here are some options for aluminum free coffee makers:

Drip Style :

Krups Mocha brew
Bunn Speed/Velocity Brew
Braun coffee maker model KF7000
Capresso MG 900 not sure if they are still being made. as of today 4 left at the Capresso site. A few weeks ago they had none. I wrote the company to see if they are still being made and did not get an answer. https://www.capresso.com/mg900.html?gad ... WIQAvD_BwE

Beautiful Coffee Maker - Here is information from the company. Dennis will be testing this coffee maker.
From: "Cookwithbeautiful [mailto:info@cookwithbeautiful.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 8:52 AM
To: adamsonl
Subject: Re: question about your coffee maker
Hi Laurie​,

Thank you for reaching out
The water does not come into contact with aluminum
This is the only coffee maker in the Beautiful line"

Percolator: Faberware FCP 240-A (small), Faberware FCP 412 (large)
COLETTI Bozeman Camping Coffee Pot – Coffee Percolator – Percolator Coffee Pot for Campfire or Stove Top Coffee Making – 9 CUP

Here are aluminum free coffee makers no longer available.

It appears Keurig has stopped making aluminum free coffee makers. Nespresso Type C110 (the aluminum cups have been tested and they are safe) - not sure this is available anymore.
Last edited by laurie on Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Tincup wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:29 pm
Julie G wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:38 pm Can you please list some other options for us? TIA!
Laurie's husband, Dennis, made this video on the topic 5 year ago. Based on this, we got a Jura Capresso MG 900 maybe 4.5 years ago & it works well. Laurie also posted this PDF on the topic: coffee makers including emails.pdf I also brew the coffee with Silicade water for my wife, T (I don't drink coffee).
Thanks for posting the link to the video as it shows the aluminum heating element which is used in most drip style coffee makers. Unfortunately the Jura Capresso is discontinued. This is the coffee maker we use. I need to update the coffee maker information as I recently learned the Keurig company is no longer making aluminum free coffee makers.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

laurie wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:10 am Unfortunately the Jura Capresso is discontinued. This is the coffee maker we use. .
I thought it might be discontinued when I posted, but seems to be available to order from the Capresso website. On the site, it still states: "Stainless steel-lined heating system eliminates contact with aluminum and reduces the need for decalcifying"
Tincup
E3,E4
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Tincup wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:48 am
laurie wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:10 am Unfortunately the Jura Capresso is discontinued. This is the coffee maker we use. .
I thought it might be discontinued when I posted, but seems to be available to order from the Capresso website. On the site, it still states: "Stainless steel-lined heating system eliminates contact with aluminum and reduces the need for decalcifying"
Yippee 4 left. Thanks for checking.

I wonder what is going on. Someone recently said they couldn't find one and I could only find one at the Capresso website and they had 11 left. I checked a few weeks later and there were none at the site. In October I wrote the company asking if this model will continue to be made and I got no answer. Let's hope they will continue to make the MG900. I will edit my post above.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

My husband and I are very grateful to you Laurie and Tincup. Your excellent advice will make our mornings better. I'll let you know which device we settle on after doing some homework. -xo
Quantifier
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Quantifier »

laurie wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:08 am Good News ! My husband and I reduced our body burden of aluminum by 40% in the past 2 years by drinking silica rich mineral water. We are now below the Healthy Adult category. My husband is 77 years old and I am 69.
See table below.

These results are incredible as they prove that drinking 4 cups of OSA rich water each day and avoiding dietary aluminum can lower “aluminum accumulation”. This AD biomarker, can be reduced and maintained at levels below that of an average 22-year-old by drinking Silicade daily for 6 years and can be further reduced 40% by drinking Silicade daily for 2 more years. Silicade is a recipe my husband who is a chemist developed for making your own silica water.
What do you do to avoid dietary aluminum? I get most of my fluids from eating fresh vegetables and fruits, and those are probably raised with normal water with whatever aluminum is in the local soil. How would you deal with that?