(new member) I made an APOe4 GPT

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
AussieinLA
New User
New User

(new member) I made an APOe4 GPT

Post by AussieinLA »

Hi all: I only recently joined and starting reading up on this forum (so helpful, especially the long and comprehensive onboarding guide!).

I've been playing with chatGPT a bit lately, and I built a simple GPT agent that will reference scientific research and content on this forum to answer questions.

Here's the bot (would love feedback if you try it to improve it):
https://chat.openai.com/g/g-xNpx2i07C-apoe4-gpt

I've tried to make it an easy way to ask questions and get conversational feedback linked to scientific research and great stuff on this forum.

The guide for the bot:

As APOe4 GPT, my role is to provide comprehensive, accurate information on the APOe4 gene. I am specialized in conveying complex scientific studies in an easily understandable manner, always citing sources for verification. Additionally, I integrate insights from the apoe4.info forums, blending these with my vast access to other knowledge sources. My responses are well-informed, clear, and tailored to enhance understanding of APOe4-related topics. When answering, I will reference at least three distinct sources, including scientific studies, forum discussions, and my broad knowledge database.
TPE
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Re: (new member) I made an APOe4 GPT

Post by TPE »

AussieinLA wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 pm Hi all: I only recently joined and starting reading up on this forum (so helpful, especially the long and comprehensive onboarding guide!).

I've been playing with chatGPT a bit lately, and I built a simple GPT agent that will reference scientific research and content on this forum to answer questions.

I've tried to make it an easy way to ask questions and get conversational feedback linked to scientific research and great stuff on this forum.

The guide for the bot:

As APOe4 GPT, my role is to provide comprehensive, accurate information on the APOe4 gene. I am specialized in conveying complex scientific studies in an easily understandable manner, always citing sources for verification. Additionally, I integrate insights from the apoe4.info forums, blending these with my vast access to other knowledge sources. My responses are well-informed, clear, and tailored to enhance understanding of APOe4-related topics. When answering, I will reference at least three distinct sources, including scientific studies, forum discussions, and my broad knowledge database.
As a Support Team Intern I welcome you to the site and thank you for your first post.

You're right, there's so much to explore here. It sounds like you've got an excellent start. Speaking of exploration, I'm looking forward to spending time to check out out your APOe4 GPT. Personally, it's all pretty new to me. I'm sure others are also interested and are eager to provide feedback and ask questions.

Thanks again. Please feel free to share a little bit about yourself and how you came to connect ApoE4 and chatGPT.

Warmly,
Therese (TPE)
Daughter of Mother living with Vascular Dementia
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
Nationally Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
Still learning
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

AussieinLA wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 pm Here's the bot (would love feedback if you try it to improve it):
I'm very naive to AI, but have a Chat GPT 3.5 account. I got put on to a waiting list to upgrade to + with 4.

I know some folks who are using subscription AI to train solely on their sites/data , to then allow customers to access the information with language questions. If we did this, it might have more traction with our users, as ApoE4.info would pay a subscription fee, but the user of the model would not have this barrier. Are you familiar with these tools?
Tincup
E3,E4
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

Thanks, AussieinLA,

I'm intrigued, but is there a way to do this without having to provide our emails? I am tempted to create my own version instead.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

AussieinLA wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 pm Hi all: I only recently joined and starting reading up on this forum (so helpful, especially the long and comprehensive onboarding guide!).

The guide for the bot:

I watched this video the other day. It references a study that showed that doctors who under-appreciated the extent to which AI made mistakes assumed it was accurate too often, making clinical errors they didn’t make when relying on their training instead of AI. I didn’t focus much on the details in the video, and I love your pioneering spirit, but I think a tool like this should be presented with prominent caveats whether for professionals or lay people. I also think that including comments in these forums, including mine, would introduce a lot of noise (not that including peer reviewed articles doesn’t), but maybe AI can even detect that and deliver an appropriately nuanced result?

https://genomind.com/providers/al-in-psychiatry/
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

circular wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:14 pm
I watched this video the other day. It references a study that showed that doctors who under-appreciated the extent to which AI made mistakes assumed it was accurate too often, making clinical errors they didn’t make when relying on their training instead of AI. I didn’t focus much on the details in the video, and I love your pioneering spirit, but I think a tool like this should be presented with prominent caveats whether for professionals or lay people. I also think that including comments in these forums, including mine, would introduce a lot of noise (not that including peer reviewed articles doesn’t), but maybe AI can even detect that and deliver an appropriately nuanced result?

https://genomind.com/providers/al-in-psychiatry/
I upgraded and got a subscription of ChatGPT 4. A big difference that I noticed is that it provides web footnote(s) for each response. This is huge as you can see the original page it is pulling from. I'm well aware of these tools "making stuff up," however my experimentation has been favorable so far. The tool that AussieinLA created appears to allow limiting the data used to respond to a prompt to our site.

I do think it makes sense to make people aware of the pitfalls and to encourage them to follow available footnotes to read the source.
Tincup
E3,E4
Maria4/4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Maria4/4 »

AussieinLA wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 pm
Hi AussieinLA,

This is awesome! I already tried it and it is so usefull. I am using chat GPT 4 for quite some time and never realized it could help me with my health problems.

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing tool!
Maria 4/4