Soft Launch of Our Metabolomic Project

Beattheodds
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Soft Launch of Our Metabolomic Project

Post by Beattheodds »

Is it still possible to participate in the ProdromeScan and supplement trial that this group is coordinating with Dr. Goodenowe? I don't have a physician or facility in my area who can order the ProdromeScan for me and the customer service person at Prodome was not able to direct me to anyone.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Beattheodds wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:30 pm Is it still possible to participate in the ProdromeScan and supplement trial that this group is coordinating with Dr. Goodenowe? I don't have a physician or facility in my area who can order the ProdromeScan for me and the customer service person at Prodome was not able to direct me to anyone.
Unfortunately, participation is closed for the ProdromeScan trial. (No supplements were included in the trial.) I'm sorry that you don't have a physician in your area who can order the ProdromeScan for you, and that customer service at Prodrome could not locate one either. Have you considered working with a functional or integrative medicine doctor out of your area? Many do appointments over Zoom or by phone. We have a forum, Practitioner Reviews, that offer members' reviews of doctors from around the U.S. Just a thought. Keep us posted.
mujprotejov
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mujprotejov »

Hi Julie G,

Those links ProdromeScan blood test and bundle no longer works.
https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... lood-test/
https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... up-bundle/
Is there another link? Also when you purchase this test, do you have to see a doctor first?

thanks in advance.
r.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi Julie G,

Those links ProdromeScan blood test and bundle no longer works.
https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... lood-test/
https://prodrome.com/product/apoe4-rese ... up-bundle/
Is there another link? Also when you purchase this test, do you have to see a doctor first?

thanks in advance.
r.
Yes, we're aware that those links and the process has changed since we originally launched. My understanding is that our community will (once again) be given a code so that we can self-order this test and bypass working directly with a physician. We are still able to get the 25% off products and tests but Emily is coordinating with Prodrome Sciences to see if we'll be eligible for deeper discounts with bundles. Please standby for her response.
mujprotejov
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mujprotejov »

thank you! Julie G
mujprotejov
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mujprotejov »

Hi Julie G,

After you get the Prodrome lab result back where you can find the info on how to interpret the results?

thanks,
r.
Beattheodds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Beattheodds »

Thank you, Julie! I am very interested in the direct link. There are no approved providers within 200 miles of my area.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

This post is in response to recent questions regarding ordering Prodrome supplements and the ProdromeScan kit, discounts, and how to interpret ProdromeScan results.

Currently, members of our Mod4 group project can receive 25% off supplements and the ProdromeScan kit. (To participate in the Mod4 project, we ask that you send the text file of your results from the ProdromeScan to mod4@apoe4.info - more on this below.)

To order supplements, type in the code APOE4GROUP25 on the checkout page. This discount is available for all our members. (No need to order the ProdromeScan kit to receive 25% off of supplements.)

To order the ProdromeScan kit at a 25% discounted rate, contact customer service by phone or email - both forms of contact are provided on the Prodrome website. My suggestion is to contact by email.
Identify yourself as a member of the Apoe4.info group project, and provide the discount code APOE4GROUP25.

When you receive the ProdromeScan kit, you do not need to see a doctor. You will need to order your blood draw by using a mobile blood draw service (phlebotomist comes to your home) or local drop-in service. (Quest or LabCorp sites will not cover such a service, normally.) Travalab is one such mobile blood draw service that operates across the United States and partners with Prodrome. Alternatively, search online for a mobile blood draw service in your area - a local service might be more cost effective. The phlebotomist will send your kit to Prodrome for processing. (The paperwork that comes with your kit will explain this process.)

The ProdromeScan results will be emailed to you. You will receive the results in 2 forms. One form is a pdf attachment - this is for you. The other form is a text file attachment and will be unreadable (just numbers). **Please send the text file to us at mod4@apoe4.info - the text file is for purposes of our Mod4 project and will be added to our database.

Interpreting your ProdromeScan results: Prodrome is offering a free consultation with Dr. Goodenowe to provide interpretation of your results. After receiving your results, you can schedule a consult by emailing Denise Byars at dbyars@drgoodenowe.com with your request. Good idea to identify yourself as part of the ApoE4.info group project.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties moving forward with purchasing products or the ProdromeScan kit, as well as any issues about scheduling a consultation to review your Scan results. Private message or email me at mod4@apoe4.info with any questions or concerns you might have.

Finally, we hope to offer deeper discounts on bundles soon. Stay tuned!

Emily
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

A couple of comments on phlebotomists. If you are using your own, one where you go their facility will be cheaper than a mobile one, in my experience. You do need to have a phlebotomist who will read and follow the prodrome instructions carefully. Mine were able to, but the protocol did seem to be non-standard but within their capability.
Tincup
E3,E4
mujprotejov
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mujprotejov »

Thank you, Julie G. This is very helpful info. Will order the ProdromeScan Kit first, before deciding which supplements I need based on the ProdromeScan results.

regards,
r.