has anyone tried semax?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
nunchers
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone tried semax?

Post by nunchers »

I've seen that BDNF is highly reduced in mice and people who are APOE4 homozygous.

Semax is a peptide that's used widely in Russia and some people report that it works great for them for anxiety and energy and things like that.

I was wondering if anyone here had tried it? Curious if it might work particularly well for people who have APOE4, like us.
JulieMorris
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Re: has anyone tried semax?

Post by JulieMorris »

nunchers wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:19 pm I've seen that BDNF is highly reduced in mice and people who are APOE4 homozygous.

Semax is a peptide that's used widely in Russia and some people report that it works great for them for anxiety and energy and things like that.

I was wondering if anyone here had tried it? Curious if it might work particularly well for people who have APOE4, like us.
Hi Nunchers-
I'm a support team intern here, and I appreciate your post. I don't know about Semax, or if it is available here. However, I have personal experience with 3 other peptides, which have been life-changing in my health. Unfortunately, injectible peptides are becoming harder and harder to get in the U.S., due to restrictions. There are some oral versions, but, in my experience, they do not work as well.
I'm wondering what else you are using for prevention?
Thanks for your post,
Julie
PhD in Speech-Language Pathology
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Interested in all things brain-related
nunchers
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nunchers »

Hi Julie, I'm currently doing rampamycin and various supplements like fish oil, NMN, multi, lutein etc.

What peptides have worked for you?
JulieMorris
Support Team Intern
Support Team Intern

Post by JulieMorris »

Hi Nunchers,
The peptides Thymosin Alpha and BPC-157 have been very helpful for my lupus. I also tried Thymosin Beta-4. I take all the supplements you mentioned (and many more!), but do not take Rapamycin. Thanks for sharing! I'm always interested in what I can do to maintain my brain health, as well as overall health and wellness.
Take care,
Julie
PhD in Speech-Language Pathology
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Interested in all things brain-related
aphorist
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by aphorist »

I've used Semax. It was recommended to me by a doctor. But I also have a complicating factor like a head injury/TBI. It worked for me, but I'm wary of taking any hormones, pro-hormone (excluding vitamin d), or peptides for any lengthy period of time. And when I say it worked, I only mean it was beneficial. I don't think it was the best intervention on a risk/reward basis. But it was useful relative to the financial cost.

I used it before or after when I exercised.